4EFTE - TD04L - wanting exhaust - where from

Sii

Member +
I've been looking at the registered traders and for sale sections yet can't find what I want.

I'm after an HKS Super Silent, I want a nice sounding exhaust without it being droney on the motorway.

Anybody got any ideas? Unless someone can suggest another make of exhaust that isn't too loud an droney.

I have cash waiting, I'm in Newcastle but often travel from there to Leeds and Basingstoke, so pickup isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Anyone every tried connecting a standard exhaust to a TD04 cat'less downpipe? the 3 point flange doesn't match up so I can't run it as is either .... grrr.

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
The downpipe just takes a bit of manouvering,put the bottom on first,unless your exhaust it like sasha's?

Sii

Member +
my pipe looks like this .....

IMG00080.jpg

As I said, it's not the fact that it doesn't line up, I could man handle that, it's just that it's 180 degrees out of whack!

Sasha's exhaust, is that as bent/daft/misaligned and difficult as mine?

I can't rotate the down pipe, obviously, the exhaust has a ting bit flex in, but not enough to take up the 180 degress. When pushed together the down pipe has one bilt hole on the top and two on the bottom, the exhaust has two on the top and one on the bottom.

If I was to order (if anyone is able to supply a link to a trader with one) an HKS would it actually line up or leave me in the same stumped state?

Sii

Member +
Yes but I don't want to mod and keep, I want to replace with the HKS or similar make, so will they bolt in, is my exhaust at fault or the down pipe?

T

tdo4starlet

stainless steel flex hose youll will have to cut exhaust flange and weld it to suit ,,but has to be done easy ....

T

tdo4starlet

had the same downpipe it has to be chopped and reweld ,,,thats just how it goes but when all done youll be happy

Rory

Lifer
Looks like you have a Speedvision TD04 kit?

If so, the down pipes are not right at all.
They are not a direct fit(even though Sam will say diffirent..), unless you run a WEPR exhaust.

Chop the down pipe, or get on the blower/email to who ever you bought it from and get another down pipe that does fit.

Aidan-G

Member +
It isnt.

But if you have seen a WEPR exhaust and down pipe, the you will see what i mean, in regards to the location of the flange.

i know what you mean i have a wepr exaust an old old one!lol and one of his downpipes,the downpipe didnt fit with the old exaust,the exaust didnt come up as far as the downpipe

but i know what you mean about the flanges:)

speedvision

Member +
Looks like you have a Speedvision TD04 kit?

If so, the down pipes are not right at all.
They are not a direct fit(even though Sam will say diffirent..), unless you run a WEPR exhaust.

Chop the down pipe, or get on the blower/email to who ever you bought it from and get another down pipe that does fit.

oh no..ur dead wrong..i wont say different...i had the steps listed in my forum of what had to be done when these kits were being sold last year so i agree and wont say different at all...

it was in my forum that the exhaust had to be lined up to suit downpipe and flange..

sam

Sii

Member +
oh no..ur dead wrong..i wont say different...i had the steps listed in my forum of what had to be done when these kits were being sold last year so i agree and wont say different at all...

it was in my forum that the exhaust had to be lined up to suit downpipe and flange..

sam

So do you have a link to 'your forum'?

I've not seen the information or instructions yet.

Can anyone suggest a supplier of a nice 'burbly' aftermarkt exhaust, I can weld so I could make the changes myself. I don't want a pipe that drones, I hate little 4 pots that bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa every where they go, I prefer to grumble along and receive a nice note when on WOT.

It appears that nobody is selling exhausts ...

I may end up getting one faricated by AAS in Newcastle, only a stones throw from my house.

Rory

Lifer
So im wrong for stating that the exhaust and down pipe dont line up at all :confused:
Why sell a kit that the buyer has to "modify" there own exhaust system? Thats daft, and costs more money to put right.

Im sorry Sam, but after fitting issues with Aaronw kit, i can definetly say the WEPR system would fit the down pipe, and i voiced my concerns at the time. ;)

End of that matter.

sam

Sii,

Go custom if they manufacture there own silencer boxes, then you can ask for what you want, sound wise.

Alot of people on here run the Blitz replica exhaust from Dave Burwash.
Good quality with a nice tone to boot, fits is also very good.

Rory

Sii

Member +
Rory,

I will go and get one made up if it saves me from fecking on with my exhaust/downpipe.

Sam, I can say that although the TD04 kit is of top notch finish, I was never once graced wiith any info regards to the downpipe being 180degrees out. Maybe when you first posted the kit on the forum, but not when selling to my good self.

If I'd know I'd corrected the down pipe before I fitted the bleeding thing.

:mad:

Alas, we live and learn, from now on I will ask before I buy .....

Cheers for the kit though and replacing the transit damaged mini rad.

I will be purchasing a slim line fan for it soon.

Unless anyone can suggest a quick delivery suppllier of slim racing fans for the mini TD04 friendly rad?