550cc Injectors

lanxter

Member +
ive got 560's on my gt running 1.2 bar on a TD04 and DTA S60 full standalone ecu, works perfectly fine. Not sure if the emanage will be able to control them good enough though.

jason_sureshot

Fresh Recruit
550's are the real deal, it wouldnt be too much, the injector duty cycle would jus be lower since the injectors are bigger, that isnt bad, less stress/strain on the injectors, plus these 550cc would come in handy when u are ready to run much more boost with a bigger turbo.

churcherj

Member +
in my opinion 550s are OTT for a td04 setup, they just arnt needed. 460's are ideal, ive also read a few posts were the 550s can be abit jerky at low revs due to their size? not sure if anyone else can confirm?

people have ran the stock ones up to 1.2 bar, fair enough they are maxed out which is not the safest thing but it just gives you an idea of what size you need. are u running the emanage blue or ultimate? if its a blue i would say 460s are probably the most the ecu will be able to control, i think the ultimate willl be able to handle them easily

Rory

Lifer
550cc are far to big for any TD04 setup.
As above, 550's can be jerky at low revs due to the duty being to low. Been there done that. ;)

440 or 460 are more than enough, my 440 are running fine running 1.6 bar peak boost and dropping to a stable 1.4 / 1.5bar.

lanxter

Member +
Got no problems with jerking on 560's on a td04 chaps.

All down to who maps it tbh, I've seen many people with starlets running 100% duty cycle and some people even more thinking its perfectly safe.

I maxed the standard injectors on the starlet before I even hit 1bar with a DTA S60.

Plus I went to quite a few different tuners who told me if it was their own car they wouldn't have an emanage on it, blue or ultimate.

Last edited:

Rev

Member +
What 560's are they and what lag time? Not all 550's match the stock injectors 0.9ms lag at 2.55bar I wonder does the different lag time effect the jerkiness at idle ?
I was thinking of getting some like johno but with hks fcon which I assume uses stock lag unlike the ultimate.

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Remember Mark, that the DTA is a full stand alone system, which has a greater control of injectors. ie tell the DTA the injectors and off you go.
The Emanage systems offset the lag times and if there a bit out the kangaroo about.

How does your car idle etc Mark? Just right on the AFR or slightly rich?

lanxter

Member +
Not got Afr wired up buddy so couldn't tell you, but on mapping he said it was bang on with the afr. Idles perfect, I did originally having problems with idle fluctuating, but he made some changes to the map and had no problems after that.

I've got to be honest though I don't think emanage would be able to