5E Clutch (Twin)

joshuaboy

Fresh Recruit
I've only seen for the 4EFTE but I need for the 5E setup. Do you know any shop that sells? Maybe one of the Sellers on here.

riko666

Member +
don't know of twin-disc, and I doubt you'll need twin disc, but for the 5E you have a Choice of TRD Organic & Paddle, CAP Paddle, Centerforce Organic & Paddle, SPEC Organic & Paddle, Exedy Organic & Paddle, ACT Organic & Paddle clutches...some of them rated to stupid levels of torque...

Adam, no you can't chap - 4EFTE flywheel is 212mm, 5E is 200mm

riko666

Member +
hehe

the magical flywheel is the 3ETE Flywheel...212mm big but with the 5E bolt pattern...so stick it onto your 5EFTE with a 4EFTE clutch, and done! No hunting for clutches

joshuaboy

Fresh Recruit
don't know of twin-disc, and I doubt you'll need twin disc, but for the 5E you have a Choice of TRD Organic & Paddle, CAP Paddle, Centerforce Organic & Paddle, SPEC Organic & Paddle, Exedy Organic & Paddle, ACT Organic & Paddle clutches...some of them rated to stupid levels of torque...

Adam, no you can't chap - 4EFTE flywheel is 212mm, 5E is 200mm

The guy keep breaking them. Close to making 400hp on the dyno but keep breaking at the track. One pass at 11.5 broke the Pressure Plate last time. Since he went 5E finding a good clutch kit has been a problem, so I think the only option is to go twin. But you guys have more experience with these cars, so what do you suggest? If it was me personally, I would have stuck with the 4E.

joshuaboy

Fresh Recruit
hehe

the magical flywheel is the 3ETE Flywheel...212mm big but with the 5E bolt pattern...so stick it onto your 5EFTE with a 4EFTE clutch, and done! No hunting for clutches

Hmmm. Makes sense. What does this flywheel come in? The EP71?

joshuaboy

Fresh Recruit
no, the 1986-1989 Toyota Corsa GP Turbo

Wow. Now thats a car I never even heard of. LOL. We never got any of those here. But thanks anyway. I'll pass on the info to the owner and see what he decides to do.

P.S. Do you, by any chance, have the chassis code for that car in case we decide to order the Flywheel?