5e smoking after turbo was installed

chinesemafia

Member +
hey guys i have 5 low comp 5e fitted in mt gt and it smokes only when i have a turbo install on it i have installed 3 turbo to date all of which have caused the car to smoke with the last and latest turbo being brand spanking new .

the smoking happens similar to when u have bad valve seals that is if you going down hill in lets say third gear just coasting no smoke but to the bottom when u get on the gas then it starts to smoke again.

now here is what puzzles me. i put on the stock 5e exhaust Mani and hooked it up to the exhaust with an adapter so no turbo installed and i blocked off all oil line for turbo and water lines drove for 2 Weeks like this and no smoke

can any one help me cause im lost

mork

Member +
Could the extra pressure in the cylinders be causing excessive blowby? What's the condition of your oil? What about the pcv valve?

chinesemafia

Member +
PCV not connected to the intake and just changed the oil and filter same time i installed the new turbo which smoked same day

that's a bit strange...kind of unlikely for 3 turbos to be all bad
does it smoke on first start up at all?---valve stem seals?
how's you compression?

what about your turbo set up?...any oil restrictions or steep angles?
do you have a picture of the turbo set up?

yeah...in relation to the general set up
how the manifold and turbo sit relative to each other----are they level
how the oil feed and oil return lines fit

i know sometimes people try all kind of interesting set ups and have the turbo off at less than ideal angles

that's why i was asking for a picture of your set up