5efhe turbo question

ok basically ive had a look but cant find a propper answer? im building a 5efte atm using the 4efte head and just using all the 5e bottom end, it already has the thicker fhe rods but im just wondering if ill be ok using the 5e pistons but with a 1.9 athena headgasket to lower the compression abit? ill be running a td04 on this setup so will it be ok and what sort of limit should i be looking at on the boost?

the reason im going to use the 5e pistons is because my 4efte pistons are pretty fcuked

any help
cheers Dean:cool:

RS-Ronan

Member +
I can't answer your question regarding using the 5e pistons but would you not be better off buying a set of forged pistons and the engine would be good for big enough power then?

tersplat

Member +
is it a 5efhe bottom end, or a 5efe with 5efhe rods and 5efe pistons? if the former, you can boost it and I have seen over and over here in the states, people running 300whp on STOCK 5efhe bottom ends, and the engine's have held up very well. Only issue is you are forced to run premium gas which is normal for any boosted engine, and be sure your tune is spot on or the engine will destroy itsself. If you are running normal 5efe pistons either from the 95+ 5e's with a flat top or from the pre 95 pistons with a slight dome on them, you will be fine. no superwhamadyne head gasket needed. and it WILL handle power.

im pretty sure its a model 5efe with the fhe rods. the pistons arnt the flat top ones they are slightly raised in the middle i would say around 0.8/9 mm
so thats why i planned on using the thicker headgasket. tbh im limited to time to get it ready for jae in less than 2 weeks plus at the start of next year
im building a fully forged 5e so this is a tempory engine im thinking of running 1 bar until its mapped at 1.4 on td04 just hope it will be ok with the slightly
higher compression?

thanks for all the help

cheers Dean

Skalabala

Member +
If you have a after market Management system then you should be fine.
Boosting 1bar before mapping is not a good idea at all!!
What rings are you going to use?