5efte not fully boosting

5p1ff

Member +
I recently just did the conversion. I am having problems with hesititation from 1-3 k RPm on gear 1-3 from what i have noticed. Which i read is the lambda sensor so i got one that i will fit. Will this sought out my boosting issue. I have not fitted in the boost guage as well just havnt had time.I dont get 3 light bars just 2 and in some cases on 4-5th gear 3 light bars
'So will fitting in my lambda sensor fix everything or is there something else im missing.

5efte with 5efhe rods
stock mani (ported)
ct9b ported internal wastegate
stock cat (gutted)
hi/low bypass

Thanx:(

your "hesitation" issue could be a lot of things
have u tried doing a diagnostic?
look at your ignition --distributor, base timing, rotor, plugs, plug wires, ignitor, coil, grounding points

5p1ff

Member +
Thanx for the info ....quick question where is the map sensor. My still trying to figure out a few things.:)

5p1ff

Member +
your "hesitation" issue could be a lot of things
have u tried doing a diagnostic?
look at your ignition --distributor, base timing, rotor, plugs, plug wires, ignitor, coil, grounding points

Thanx for the info gorgan i will look into it.

Ted

Member +
if your lambda sensor wasnt working the engine would run very rich probably, ruining low rev running as youve been experiencing.

finx

Member +
if your lambda sensor wasnt working the engine would run very rich probably, ruining low rev running as youve been experiencing.

the stock lambda sensor is a narrow band unit and only tells the ecu to make slight adjustments. this doesnt make a huge difference to the air fuel mixture and would not cause it to overfuel to the point where the car would run crap on low load and idle. the engine would actually run leaner on low load and idle situations and richer on hi load situations ie on boost. this wont be the problem.

as suggested by billybob make sure you are running a turbo map sensor. the n/a item only detects vacuum and not positive pressure above atmospheric but i highly doubt that this is the issue either.

i would be looking further into what gorganl2000 has suggested.