5th gear issue

in 5th gear at bang on 5,500 rpm my car cuts out until the speed drops then the power comes back in

what is this,fuel cut

cheers

Fishy89GT

Banned

x3 without a moments doubt..lol..

the poor thing wont let you do more than 112mph standard mate.. get some electronics or speedo converter that plugs into your gearbox..

with roads being like they atm are you shouldnt being doing that kinda speed at this time of year anyhows.. :holdit: lol

CMR

Member +
5,500 in 5th is wayy over speedcut? It will hit it in 4th won't it?

(never hit it so not 100% sure about in 4th)

this was at the abandaned airstrip near swansea :)

all on privite ground lads

sure its more than 112mph though

flat out in 4th going into fifh

of what i remember on the other gt 5th at 5and half was around 125 130 bhp

Timmy

Member +
Deffo speed cut, when i was on track in my glanza went well past 180kph before it cut in. The speedo is just talking shite.

basketash

Member +
my glanza still has the limiter for the speed in place but i was clock at 128 before cutting out ?? and this was on another private road my friend was driving a zafira vxr and he wa keeping to my pase to tell me what i was getting and we reckon about 128 mph before the speed limmiter kicked in

franki0711622

Fresh Recruit
speed cut is easy to bypass... just put a switch on the speed sensor wire and when you pass 70mph or 120kph jut put the switch off and the speed cut will be gone... sometimes chek ligth opens but its not dommageable for the engine