A night in the garage = wheel spin, smiles and BOOST"

Sii

Member +
People,

As you've probably seen my posts of late regarding the eManage ECU then the dropping boost once at 1bar, well after some advice from guys on here, my local tuners XO Power Tuning and then ASP in Birtley I now have a working motor just waiting for fine tuning on the RR.

Can't believe how much the TD04 pulls even on 0.6bar, let alone 1 (very briefly to test EBC is working).

Problems appeared to be the following ....

*Actuator not having enough preload set when connected to the wastegate arm
*Slight boost leak 'maybe' on some of the harpipes
*Drivers on the laptop not being correct and eManage OS/Firmware not matching

After 4 hours at XO Power Tuning in Cramlington (would recommend them to ANYONE, excellent service) having my laptop kicked into touch so it works with the ECU and then setup with a baseline map I haad a running car. Once home the EBC was set and whenever I got above 0.5 bar (actuator baseline) it would spike and then slope down quickly to the baseline, upping the EBC just allowed it to spike higher before it dived down to base psi.

I took the bumper off, removed the actuator arm, wound it back so it had some preload (half a hole of preload, so I could only see half the arm through the eye so it had to pulled onto the wastegate arm) and then refit it, quickly checked all the boost pipes again and put it all back together.

Started her up and JEEZ! idle was better, pulled it out of the garage and went for a spin. Feck me, even if I'm only the same as it used to be with the CT9 on I forgot how much it pulls! Been a few weeks since the 500bhp Monaro went bye bye, so maybe I'd forgot what a quick car is like :) But i was very impressed, TD04 pulled well, I wasn't ragging it but I did check that 1bar can be held and it can, no spike and drop down.

Now for the RR and 220 bhp ...... hopefully

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
nice mate. glad you sorted things out. :)

i really want to try a starlet with a td04 to see what will it offer..

scot-ish

Member +
sounds good mate, if a wasnt so busy i would have been there for a gander like, but got so much on this week and next lol