abs

Paddy

Lifer
my abs doesnt work on my glanza, the abs light hasnt come up on the dash. any suggestions?

Nwimie

Member +
have you actually hit the brakes hard enough for ABS to kick in?

dont think my light comes on but my abs defo works.

your glanza that you just bought doesnt seem to have much right with it?

GP82

Member +
Check the abs fuse in the fusebox, check the connections on the abs unit itself, also the abs sensors on your brake calipers to see if there connected. You should hear the abs unit make like a crackling noise when you turn your ignition on.

when u turn on the car to ignition--then start it----the abs light will be on when swithc to ignition, but goes out once u actually start..........after that is does not come on.....UNLESS something is wrong with the abs system

tosa2tosa

Member +
think there are light weight versions that dont have it
saw one on ebay the other day
but yeah all the normal 1s come with it wasnt an optional extra

dac69er

Super Moderator
the abs light flashes on when it works too as far as i remember. if you brake really hard and make the abs work then i think it flashes on when its working but cant be 100% sure!

Paddy

Lifer
mine has an abs pump and the light comes up on the dash when u switch the ignition on but still locks up

Nwimie

Member +
lol ABS is only a driver aid if it has to kick in your not braking properly !!! you can stop alot quicker without abs :p

light doesnt flash on mine when it kicks in!

"""it has generally been tested/proven that most people cannot stop faster than the ABS system.........it was noted that only professional drivers generally had to ability to stop quicker than the abs systems tested"""""

the above was the general consensus from a report i read a while back........so if u are the average driver........abs HELPs.........but if u are into track u may want to disconnect it to get the desired locking effects, etc

i find it does serve a purpose........but can be triggered on bumpy roads too easily

SaRfI

Member +
mine abs light is on for no reason but my abs does work perfect .

^^YES all glanzas have abs