Actuator and general Q's...

liam2368

Member +
Well today i have fitted toy tuning actuator,mani,decat and relocated filter to the front and ported the wastegate bit too much i think :(.

right question one, on the standard actuator there is two pipes one going to the turbo and presuming the other is either inlet mani or factory hi/lo? so now should there just be one pipe that goes from the turbo to the actuator? what shall i do with the other one? (what i have done at the moment is from the actuator there is a t piece one side goes to the turbo and the other goes to the pipe where the other pipe went on the old actuator)

Question two, removed the efi pipe and the pipe that connects to the top of that what do i do with that one?

Question three, fitted it all and took it out for a run and it was boosting but it was kind of intermittent and taking a while to come on boost and was boosting between .5 and .7 as if it was creeping, didnt really have a long road to test it on though, there was a hissing sound so a air leak somewhere, and it wasnt on the cooler and the dump valve was more quiet than it was before. might this be because of how my actuator is hooked up?

got all day tomorrow providing the weather is ok so im going to have a mess around with it.

thanks in advance :D

andy.i

Member +
1 - its for hi lo, just leave the one at the back open

2 - just get a breather filter or catch can for it

3 - not sure

liam2368

Member +
for question two its not the breather its the vacuum line that connects to the top of it sorry for the confusion,

thanks for your quick reply.

liam2368

Member +
right sorted actuator and pipes out and car its boosting 0.7 and pritty much holding it which is what i wanted.

anywho now the problem is the car sounds like a tractor,i think its the mani thats leaking, but all the nuts seem to be done tight accept for the one awkward bastard!! the left one underneath you know that one,

any tips on getting to that one at all?

kieran.s gt

Member +
right sorted actuator and pipes out and car its boosting 0.7 and pritty much holding it which is what i wanted.

anywho now the problem is the car sounds like a tractor,i think its the mani thats leaking, but all the nuts seem to be done tight accept for the one awkward bastard!! the left one underneath you know that one,

any tips on getting to that one at all?

did you use a new gasket with the manifold
dont think you get at that nut without the turbo removed

liam2368

Member +
well i had the turbo removed but i lost my spanner down a drain with the shank in it so i had to bolt the turbo to the mani first otherwise i wouldnt of been able to get at them 4 bolts,well the two back ones. but coincedently taking my mani off it never even had a bolt on there and it never leaked,but now its goes.

i cant be bothered now weathers crap so im guna give it a shot tomorrow and probably have to strip it all down again, wohooooooooooooooooo :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

tractor sounds ftl!