Actuator Issues

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
Well yesterday i had to rotate my turbo very slightly to allow my hdi intercooler pipe to work with my Zisco ram horn style mani. The rotation was only by about 6mm but this still ment i had to adjust my actuator to reach the wastegate flap thing lol. Now i can only run the car on 0.3bar boost because i can't adjust the actuator any higher because of the position of the turbo. I'm unsure on the make of my actuator, it doesnt say HKS or anything on it, it seems pretty plain but im sure the standard actuators aren't adjustable? Anyway, i just need to know how i can get my boost back up to 0.8bar without having to spend a lot of money at the same time.

Any help apreciated guys; cheers!

dac69er

Super Moderator
you will need to either adapt the bracket you have or make a new one to suit the new position

dac69er

Super Moderator
without seeing it mate i dont know.

you may get away with just drilling out the mounting holes a bit more to give you enough movement. otherwise you will have to look at where the actuator is now and where it needs to be and then design and make a bracket that will do the job.

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
Right i had a little mess around with the actuator earlier to simply see if i could reach 0.8bar boost again. I removed it from the turbo and temporally cable tied it to my re located air filter piping just to simply test up and down the street. The actuator was wound just about all the way up but i still struggle to get over 0.5bar? Does this mean my actuator is fudged now? :( lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
Right i had a little mess around with the actuator earlier to simply see if i could reach 0.8bar boost again. I removed it from the turbo and temporally cable tied it to my re located air filter piping just to simply test up and down the street. The actuator was wound just about all the way up but i still struggle to get over 0.5bar? Does this mean my actuator is fudged now? :( lol

i doubt it mate. you really need to fix is securely for it to work properly.

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
i doubt it mate. you really need to fix is securely for it to work properly.
Ok i'll have to make a bracket up asap. Just tried it with the cable ties to make sure everything was still working. I'll make the bracket and if it boosts normally, problem solved obviously. If the problem is still there, would you say it was the actuator at fault?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you make a bracket to allow the actuator to sit properly in relation to the wastegate arm then it should work fine. if it doesnt then the adjustment of the actuator needs playing with or the actuator is knackered (which is very rare).

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
if you make a bracket to allow the actuator to sit properly in relation to the wastegate arm then it should work fine. if it doesnt then the adjustment of the actuator needs playing with or the actuator is knackered (which is very rare).
Ok i'll get onto doing that as soon as i can :) Cheers for the help again dude!

dac69er

Super Moderator
from the amount you said you rotated the turbo you may get away with just redrilling the current bracket to re-align the actuator!? worth a go if it will work

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
from the amount you said you rotated the turbo you may get away with just redrilling the current bracket to re-align the actuator!? worth a go if it will work
Ye i think this is the first thing im going to try tbh. The only thing i thought may stop me running the same boost is that the turbo gets a little wider the lower you go and because im mounting the actuator lower the arm may not reach the distance it used to? Resulting in me running, say 0.6-0.7 maybe?