Actuator problem/question

Nickzorz

Member +
Ok now that I'm all back into my car, I have decided that it spools incredibly slowly.

0.6 bar comes in at 3.5k but it doesnt spool like any turbo car I have had before. The boost sort of rises slowly to 0.6.

Old cars I have had will rise to a point and then shoot to max boost. Im just wondering if a knackered actuator could cause this. I had a play with it and the arm seems to move very easily.

Thanks, in advance again

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
What turbo? Ensure the wastegate flap is held firmly shut by the actuator, if not then adjust accordingly. It needs some pre-load on it to generate boost quickly.

Otherthan that, check boost pipes for leaks etc...

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Nickzorz

Member +
Sorry, Its a CT9. I've checked all the boost pipes about 5 times. I will have to take another look and make sure the wastegat is shut properly. Thanks

Nickzorz

Member +
yeh i thought the actuator might be going out of order (standard item) 70'000 miles or so it says on the clock and I very much doubt it or the fuel pump have ever been changed. Am gonna get a new one (probs aftermarket) and see if it helps.

Couldnt see any cracks in the wastegate. I cant explain it the car just feels really laggy and restricted until 3.5-4k rmp and even then it doesnt feel that sprightly...not even a hint of torque steer when my foot is planted going round a bend