Advise please

DR PEPPER

Member +
after searching through the treads on the forum iv come to the decision that i will be going to go down the hybrid route.. as the car is a daily driver i want it to be reliably so it wont to get the engine rebuilt iv looked at getting the engine forged and it quite a bit of money would i be ok having it rebuilt with standard pistons and con rods but with uprated head gasket .. i realistically want around 200bhp any advise :confused:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Does it need rebuilding? I don't really understand why the only thing you would want to uprate is the head gasket? You can run a hybrid ct9 without problems on a stock engine as most are rated to a max of 1.2bar. Most people choose not to push a stock engine much over 1bar but as with all things, if you have good engine management and its been set up by someone that knows what they are doing 1.2bar is do-able on a stock engine.

DR PEPPER

Member +
Does it need rebuilding? I don't really understand why the only thing you would want to uprate is the head gasket? You can run a hybrid ct9 without problems on a stock engine as most are rated to a max of 1.2bar. Most people choose not to push a stock engine much over 1bar but as with all things, if you have good engine management and its been set up by someone that knows what they are doing 1.2bar is do-able on a stock engine.

head gasket is because wen i first got the car before i could get insured on the way to were it was being stored bout 300miles i had the head gasket fail i know it happens but been paranoid ever since.. it getting to about 90,000 miles so just thought it would save problems in the long run ..

Last edited: