Aerodynamic Undertray

FeNder

Member +
hey everyone ,

going off from another aero thread concerning splitters , spoilers...etc
ive been thinking about fabricating a light aluminum sheet to seal the cars underside and make airflow smooth , reducing lift/drag ,
any suggestions ?

turboflow

Member +
im thinking of doing the same mate to make the bottom of the car completely flat from front to back. I was going to make it in 3 sections, front mid and rear. then have a rear diffuser modled into the bumper

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
a friend told me that there was a glanza imported to malta that has a full rollcage bucket seats striped down and the underside fiited with a sheet from front to back.. i never seen it as it rarely sees daylight,,,

how true this is i dont know as i never saw it. but he said it was used in some sort of rally tracks

FeNder

Member +
yes 3 sections sounds easier ,
my only concern that aluminum in 5mm thickness maybe alot heavier if i cant find that epoxy plastic polymer ,
was thinking it was cool to spot water , oil or fuel leaking , this way i wont see anything lol !

yes 3 sections sounds easier ,
my only concern that aluminum in 5mm thickness maybe alot heavier if i cant find that epoxy plastic polymer ,
was thinking it was cool to spot water , oil or fuel leaking , this way i wont see anything lol !

Use fibreglass, a lot lighter!

Or 20gauge tin or something.

No need for 5mm thick alloy for it, wont realy have a purpose like a sump guard which need to be thick.

Johnny_C

Lifer
a friend told me that there was a glanza imported to malta that has a full rollcage bucket seats striped down and the underside fiited with a sheet from front to back.. i never seen it as it rarely sees daylight,,,

how true this is i dont know as i never saw it. but he said it was used in some sort of rally tracks
ive seen that item on jap auctions before.

FeNder

Member +
thats a cool article yeh !
tin or carbonfiber sound good , would have to look for the later ,
i dont see amy members on here doing it though ?
would it be arbs , lower strut bar or cross bars hindering the space..

thats a cool article yeh !
tin or carbonfiber sound good , would have to look for the later ,
i dont see amy members on here doing it though ?
would it be arbs , lower strut bar or cross bars hindering the space..

Carbon fibre would be cool, quite dear though and your not really going to see it, drop of tin painted black. lol