Afr tuning

Morph

Member +
Used them before and always got on with Matt who owns Afr but there always a nightmare to get hold of I know Krissy b used them on his Godzilla build and there new dyno dynamics is really accurate just a matter of if they answer the phone and if they ring you back otherwise can't fault therepricing and mapping work.

churcherj

Member +
i got mine mapped there not so long ago, went up there and they didnt have the cable to map it (2 hour drive away) waited around all day since 8 in the morning, for them to tell me at 5 they couldnt do it (not happy at all!). they offered to map it free so went back on another day, another 2 hour drive eachway, and waited around all day again, matt is a good bloke, luke mapped mine but he spent say 40 mins doing it and that was it, not very long in my opinion, not sure if he rushed it because it was a free map but didnt seem very long to me. i rang up to check some information on the tune when i got home, 3 times on different occasions and never got a callback despite them saying they would get back to me! they are knowledgeable and good at what they do, but seem to lack good customer service and aftersales. dont think i would use them again, but fair enuf they did offer me a free map which was nice of them. give them a go if they are near you, wouldnt have been so much hassle if i lived closer but hey ho.

they are also really cheap which is a bonus, other mappers seem to charge and arm and a leg these days, although they probably spend more time fine tuning the map than what AFR did on mine.

Morph

Member +
That's always been the problem with Afr they never seem to ring back I had my car dyno'd after a live map elsewhere and they tried to say that a tweak wasnt possible and wanted to charge me 300 to remap it fully save to say ive now found another tuner who has tweaked the map and got alot more out the car live mapping it for a few hours locally.

el_man

Fresh Recruit
I would get the pp boys to do it but aze has gone away for a few months , does tmd do mapping then?

Morph

Member +
They use both Afr and Paul hills of engine advantages fame I think. Where abouts are you based as might know someone who could help.

ktl

Member +
ryan 2 bar tuning . £330 for a rolling road map and then a road map. uses surrey roling road near guildford. hes very known in the supras and mr2 and he mapped my car very well pulling 270hp at just under 1.4bar td04. He does map on the safe side though. But no problems with the guy.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
all maps will be on safe side on a rolling road eric as cannot load car as would do on the road...
but then u would like a safe map not too safe where u loose power, but not say making unsafe for an extra ten horses.
im lucky my mapper is 2 min from me with his own dyno, so when he aint tweaking his 106 he squeeze me in.lol

your going to hear good and bad things about everything in life so u will with mappers matey, so go with one who can give you value for money

Morph

Member +
A dyno dynamics can simulate really world load it's only airflow that is the hard part to simulate.

churcherj

Member +
A dyno dynamics can simulate really world load it's only airflow that is the hard part to simulate.

agree, however real life load is still different than what the dyno can simulate, it will never be as truely accurate. the fan they put in front of the car is useless imo, doesnt simulate real airflow at all!

el_man

Fresh Recruit
This 2 bar racing sounds pretty good to me anyone else used them? Jayc you go to atspeed rayleigh did they wire ur e-manage in for you? I may give them a bell see howmuch they will do it for

Morph

Member +
From what I know two bar is really good with toyotas look on mr2 forums they love him my mates due to have a 600hp mr2 mapped by him soon. That's true there's no way to simulate real world load but the dyno dynamics is dam good at trying to or a superflow like sumo power is good. The fans are the biggest let down at most dyno's as they can't compete with the airflow you get on the road.