Air Compressor Leak

RPH

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys,
i went for a aircon regas and it didn't go so well... the man said that my system would hold the gas which was good but until he started giving the engine some rev's the gas would just shoot out and he told me there maybe a leak in the air compressor system.
he quoted me it would be around $600 AUD to fix which equates to 373 GBP.
thats a fair amount of money there so im here to ask what are your opinions on what i should do.
i was hoping that the Starlet Life's EP91 with a non turbo charged 4efe share the same air compressor as my Starlet GT? because if so that would make things alot easier as i can bring it back to the mechanic with the parts and only pay for the labor fee. or i can do it myself if its a easy job.

Ben89

Lifer
I don't know if the starlet life compressor is the same, but industrial a/c and refrigeration is my job so I know a fair bit about it, tbh so many people on here remove their a/c so getting a GT compressor is no problem, the only problem being is getting to aus! As far as the compressor leak it sounds to me like the clutch pulley is leaking, a very common problem with semi hermetic vehicle a/c, there are companies on the uk that will be able to refurb your one, but unfortunatly I'm not sure about aus, may be worth a web search? Also check if any scrap yards are braking any gts might strike lucky with a compressor there!!

RPH

Fresh Recruit
cheers for that well thats why i asked if Starlet stafe share the same part as finding a GT in a wrecker down in Australia would be pretty much impossible haha