air filter relocation?

andyglanzav

Member +
when relaocatin the air filter to run strraight from the turbo, ie removing the efi pipe, what do you do with the boost hose that goes onto the efi pipe, ive got a catch can to cover the breather problem already!
see pic below:

Untitled-1.jpg

cheers

speedfreaq

Member +
if its the little hose running back to the oem boost control vsv solenoid then you shouldn't block it if you are still using the standard hi/lo boost setup.
just leave it open or run a hose from it to the relocated air filter pipe.

enright82

Member +
the small pipe is a leak off from the high\low solenoid, if the air goes in, it has to come out somewhere, i pulled mine off the solenoid and left open, worked fine, even if blocking it off works, do either. im not too sure on what damage it could do to the internals of the solenoid as when connected to the efi pipe, its constantly being sucked out. so blocking it may creat to much pressure inside the pipe. your car, your call imo

HorwathBence

Member +
I do not understand the function of it to... According to the pipe position in the system, there is the static atmospherical pressure, (or a bit lower) in it... i can not se any reason why it can not left open... except if it sneezes oil... but as i remember i saw no oil in that tube...

Anyone knows why is it there?

CMR

Member +
Well consider the standard solonoid is basically a bleed valve, that pipe is where the air is bled out.
Toyota decided to keep everything clean and plumb the air back into the efi pipe.

andyglanzav

Member +
Well consider the standard solonoid is basically a bleed valve, that pipe is where the air is bled out.
Toyota decided to keep everything clean and plumb the air back into the efi pipe.

nice one, mightn't have to worry about it now as im gonna order a hdi electronic boost controller so ill be doin away with the standard solonoid altogether!

cheers for the replys!

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
As above the stock solenoid is no more than an electronic bleed valve, rather than leaving it open Toyota plumbed it back to the inlet track as they are nice and neat and think about these things.

If you still running the stock hi/lo then don't block it, if you've binned the hi/lo (best bet) then it doesn't matter as that VAC line is taken out of the equation anyway.

T