Air/Fuel ratio guage

muley_69

Fresh Recruit
hey all,

this post is to see if anyone can help me fit my fuel/air gauge on my 96 ep91 it came with rubbish instructions and that is no good for a novice like me.

The kit came with basicly an electronic gauge with a wireing loom to go to battery/ignition/ground and O2 sensor. got everything wired up and working fine except to O2 sensor, let me try and explain.

basicly iv got one wire coming of the lambda sensor thats greyish in colour (if im looking at the wrong sensor please tell me) and if i cut that wire and wire it up to the O2 sensor wire from the guage it seems to take some sort of reading but the minite i splice into the connection block the rest of the wireing loom that the sensor was going to before i cut it the guage stops reading. Does that make sense?

really not sure what to do, or if its possible to get this guage working at all.

any sugestions much appreciated
cheers ,new member, sam

Timmy

Member +
Don't take it from the engine bay tho that should work fine. It's much easier to take it from the back of the ecu. There is a pin out diagram somewhere on here. That is tidyer and less wires going thru the fire wall.

muley_69

Fresh Recruit
cheers guys so take it from the ecu and it should work? how come it doesnt work from the sensor wire then? resistance problems or something like that?

sam :homer:

chinaone

Member +
My mate just give me one of those gauge, it only had 3 wires Red = +, Black = - and grey = lambda sensor, cos i don't have a lambda sensor so i wire it up to the O2 sensor on the ECU, and its taking ready from that, i guess its not 100% accurate, but a rough ready better than nothing!!!!
Btw i heard those lambda sensor don't last long, right?

starlet666

Member +
a airfuel gauge if used on a narrow band sensor is an utter waste of time.... its just a pretty lookin vac gauge...put it beside a vac gauge and u watch they will replicate each other