All boost lights on engine idle

5p1ff

Member +
Hey,

My mechanic fitted in new rings , bearings and shaved piston heads from 5efe engine as two 4efte ones cracked.
when engine is turned on i have all three boost lights on and engine light.
Anything we have missed. :confused:

5p1ff

Member +
seems odd... mine showed the digital gauge being all lit up when my map sensor wasnt connected properly check that first mate :)

Ok turbo map sensor was not plugged in properly..thanx for the info. rep added :). now to find out about the hesitation and loos of power :sigh:

finx

Member +
hesitation and loss of power will be due to map sensor as well mate if that is the problem which i would say it is. :)

5p1ff

Member +
Ok did a diagnostic i get back 31 and 34 . I had alot of oil spill when my rings and pistions were fukd. So from what i have read i have to clean my dizzy , checks leads and possibly change map sensor. Any Ideas where i can get a map sensor as in any other car that uses the same one. is the map sensor the same as the turbo map sensor to be certain.

5p1ff

Member +
When I disconnect the turbo sendor the idling changes quite a bit. does that mean it is working? I also got constant smoke blue - black but seams like turbo seals i'd guess as i changed the rings ,bearings and cylinder head seals. the cylinder head was sent to engineering for skiming and grinding.

I will try check the other things 1st and take it from there.

Hey,

My mechanic fitted in new rings , bearings and shaved piston heads from 5efe engine as two 4efte ones cracked.
when engine is turned on i have all three boost lights on and engine light.
Anything we have missed. :confused:

just a small question.....did you use 2 shaved 5efe pistons AND 2 4efte pistons

OR did you use 4 shaved 5efe pistons?...it sounds like u did the latter, but i just want to make sure

your engine will smoke a bit while it "runs in".....then it shold clear up slowly after a few KMs

5p1ff

Member +
:) i used 4 shaved pistons. Problem Soughted I found my cable from map sensor was torn so clipped it and re-fitted plus another one wass not in at the back of the intake manifold. lol so she is pulling fine now. How long must i drive at 110-100km for befor my rings set.

Sorry i know this is the wrong post to ask this question.