Amp wiring kit

JAY_D

Member +
Looking for a tutorial on running an amp wiring kit from the battery back.. Not sure where to run it & dont wanna be cutting holes that are not needed..
Ran a search on here but didnt turn up anything.

REP for any help

J

Paul_JJ

Member +
Well, mine is under the seat and I wired it myself. You can use the behind the dash board - the best way to do is to start from the battery - look below the master cylinder for a bunch of wires. The way you put your wiring inside the car is up to you either under the carpet or under the plastic door covers...

Nickzorz

Member +
I ran the +12v from the battery through a massive rubber thing downt the passenger side of my car. Will get somepictures up tonight when I get in for you unless you get it sorted by then. Its really easy on these.

Is yours an ep82 or 91?

JAY_D

Member +
I ran the +12v from the battery through a massive rubber thing downt the passenger side of my car. Will get somepictures up tonight when I get in for you unless you get it sorted by then. Its really easy on these.

Is yours an ep82 or 91?

Cheers lads, its an EP91, i'll wait for ur pics Nickorz :)

Nickzorz

Member +
will be about 9 pm mate but I will take pics of where to go in the engine bay, and where I have run it through the car.

Nickzorz

Member +
Okey dokey. First off take your airbox out (or move your airfilter). Look at your engine bay towards the passenger side strut and you will see a Giant rubber gromit thingy. Pull it out (if you can...beware its an ass to get back in) put a small slit in it and push your cable through.

Arrow shows where the grommity thing is. (its behind my blue fuel regulator, you may or may not have one)
DSC_0965.jpg

Close up so you can get a better view (hopefully)
DSC_0966.jpg

It should come out behind the glovebox right at the back of the footwell. Its a pig but if you keep pushing the cable through from the engine compartment you will see it come through.
DSC_0969.jpg

Ok now remove the plastic sill cover and the other plastic bit. The parts I have marked as blue. They just pull off so dont go looking for any screws :D (i dont have a picture as i was hungry and it is windy and cold) Then run your cable under it. Follow the red line i have crudely drawn on. You will have to move the carpet to one side
DSC_0971.jpg

Then slip the cable under the back seat. Keep it under the carpet if you can. I have circled my cable in blue just so you can see roughly where I have put mine.
DSC_0972.jpg

Then it should come out somewhere in the boot under the carpet. Nearish my red arrow. My blue line shows where I ran my cable under the carpet into my amp.
DSC_0974.jpg