Another Boosting Problem

John 08

Member +
Hi,Ive recently started driving the ep82 but ive noticed that the turbo is spooling up but then theres no sudden kick out of the turbo and your pushed back a bit in your seat if you get me?.
The car is standard ..Ive no idea what bar the turbo's boosting at ...ive checked the pipes and all but they seem to be alright.Does anyone have a similar problem?.Ive done searchs and that but cant seem to find my exact problem..Cheers:)

John 08

Member +
Anyone know what the problem could be ,its my daliy driver and wondering is tere damage been caused by me driving the way it is:confused:

John 08

Member +
Right,got a boost gauge fitted and its telling me im boosting about .2 bar so theres defo something wrong..how could you tell if the actuator has packed in?

VXR230BHP

Member +
Right,got a boost gauge fitted and its telling me im boosting about .2 bar so theres defo something wrong..how could you tell if the actuator has packed in?

Try changing the actuator !!! plenty of them about. A stock GT should run about .6 bar roughly. It sounds as if the turbo is trying to spool up and reach the correct bar, but fails. Double check the pipes, hose clips, any oil leaks from the turbo and any smoke.

John 08

Member +
Try changing the actuator !!! plenty of them about. A stock GT should run about .6 bar roughly. It sounds as if the turbo is trying to spool up and reach the correct bar, but fails. Double check the pipes, hose clips, any oil leaks from the turbo and any smoke.

Ye that would kind of make sense alright ..no doesn seem to be any oil leaks or that and no smoke at all..think I might have a spare actuator so ill give that a try

John 08

Member +
Well fitted a different turbo and actuator there today but still no change. Its still only boosting about .3 bar ...is tere any boost controller valves on the engine or that ,which could be gone:confused:

John 08

Member +
ye progressively boosts and stops at .3 bar ...i havn tried to see if theres any difference in hi/low ...il have a look at the boost solenoid tomoro, have a good idea what your talking about,might try a different ecu for the craic and see if theres any difference cheers

John 08

Member +
yep checked for play and that but there was none so fairly positive its not that..would the turbo not jus give up altogether if it was gone?

Joelean

Member +
So at this point I'm guessing it's gonna be either a boost leak or a fault in the solenoid, being that you have replaced the turbo and actuator. Are you using a bov? Have you taken all the pipe work off an inspected it for splits? Made sure everything is still tight? I know this is obvious but sometimes is over looked.

John 08

Member +
It would smoke and possibley leak oil ! Boost solenoid ? have you the vac pipes correctly on ?

So at this point I'm guessing it's gonna be either a boost leak or a fault in the solenoid, being that you have replaced the turbo and actuator. Are you using a bov? Have you taken all the pipe work off an inspected it for splits? Made sure everything is still tight? I know this is obvious but sometimes is over looked.

Ive checked the vac pipes and the other pipework ...would u hear a boost leak,ye?..im going to try the solenoid tomoro..the turbo isn smokey or leaking oil as well as havn no play in it so im convinced its not the turbo..rep given to the both of you's cheers

VXR230BHP

Member +
Depands how small the leak ! how well seated are the connections on the pipework ? the only other thing and it may be, and its a long shot is the
ECU ?

John 08

Member +
Depands how small the leak ! how well seated are the connections on the pipework ? the only other thing and it may be, and its a long shot is the
ECU ?

Been busy with college work and that lately changed the ECU and still no change..im starting to think this possiby could cause the problem..when I got the car the alarm had been taken out nd there were a few wires left unjoined so I tryed joining them up to get the car started at this stage there was a blitz boost limiter control system or boost jumper it says either and I wired that in together with it as it was already partially wired up.Anyway I joined it up and it started but then took it out all together as I didn want it ..the car still starts fine and that but would having that boost control have any effect on the car now when its taken out..I dont think it would but ive run out of ideas at this stage Thanks