anyone fitted indepent suspension

bullet

Member +
just wondered if anyone has fitted independent suspension?? IE: removing the panhard rod? how much of an increase was there (with handleing)? how much of a job was it? what was needed to do it?

dac69er

Super Moderator
wouldnt be massively hard, but would require alot of fabrication work. never seen it done, but would like to see it

hardcoreep

Member +
There is an Australian company that offers a bolt on solution from the G200 Diahatsu Charade which is essentially a EP80 chassis.

bullet

Member +
would be the best handleing upgrade for the starlet i think, maybe one of the traders can look in to makin up some sort of kit??

Pete EP82

Member +
There should be a Starlet in this country built for track racing that will be running independent rear suspension + camber adjustment at some stage this year.

I'll choose to say no more untill the car has fully functional independent rear suspension
as its still at the drawing board stage.

Pics will be posted when the project is finished. ;)

Texx

Super Moderator
I've looked at using the rear of an AE92 Corolla GTi (mainly because I have the majority of one sat in the shed). There doesn't appear to be that much involved to get it to work, wouldn't take much to fit the Corolla sub frame into a Starlet and strengthen the body to suit and the rest would bolt in with only a little modification.

tiksie

Member +

I spoke to the person that wrote that and he stated that the company no longer makes the kit but that the G200 charade is basically the choice of vehicle to get parts off.

I'll be looking into it when I move back to my city in a few weeks as G200's sell for like $200 for the whole car. Will keep this updated when I measure things up.