as promised, here is a complete list of everything one would need to convert an automatic e982/ep91 to a manual, along with some approximate prices:
1) Gearbox - (ep82, ep91,)make sure the gearbox has on the back and side mount brackets as these are different from the auto to manual.$500 second hand....make sure the fork is moving freely(apply a little grease if necessary)
2) Flywheel and six (6) 4efte flywheel bolts - ep82/ep91 turbo (4efte), the standard 4efe flywheel is smaller. $200 second hand
3) clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing - should be new preferably, as it would save you time going into that area for a while - $550
4) clutch master, slave cylinders and fluid line, brake and clutch pedal, shifter and cables, and all supporting clamps, rubbers, clips. $500
5) clutch fluid $10
6) left side engine mount $60 (new). this will have to change, as the automatic one will not work without adjustment.
- drilling the holes for the master cylinder and getting it lined up.....which ever car u buy the donor pedals from (ep82, ep91, tercel), get the master cylinder from same car
- there may be a need for a little fabrication on the clutch pedal depending on car it came from.
- may need an auto-electrician to bridge some wires when converted --- so the car will start
if hiring someone to do the job (installation and electrical work).....price can vary from $300 - $1000...depending on friend, business and percentage of the job performed.
hope this helps those out there planning to do this conversion....it should be similar for other cars as well (i think)
u may want to consider changing/checking the rear crank shaft seal while u there