auto gauge wireing help needed

nuggie

Member +
hows it going all.
i got a set of auto gauges for my car the boost gauge isent a prob to wire but the air/fuel ratio gauge i dont no thare to start i have a live wire an eart and then thares a gray wire whare dose that go.
any help would be gr8 lads.

nuggie

Member +
thanks for that mate.
i will have a crack at it and see what hapens.
the red wire is live.
the black is the ground.
the gray is the ecu.
so on the boost gauge thare is a red,black and orange wires.is the orange the constent live.

Derek

Lifer
thanks for that mate.
i will have a crack at it and see what hapens.
the red wire is live.
the black is the ground.
the gray is the ecu.
so on the boost gauge thare is a red,black and orange wires.is the orange the constent live.

Yea im nearly 99% sure, Is there a wiring diagram with it? Id think the orange could be for the back light on the boost gauge.

nuggie

Member +
no diagram mate i got them second hand.
i put the red wire and the black on to a drill battery and thay lit up fine without the orange.

Derek

Lifer
Thats the only thing id imagine its for mate, id say the orange is there for the light tbh. you leave it wired with just the black and red wires the light will be constantly on, where as if you wire the orange to a light source eg: sidelight, it will only come on when your lights are switched on.

Last edited:

Derek

Lifer
Thats the only thing id imagine its for mate, id say the orange is there for the light tbh. you leave it wired with just the black and red wires the light will be constantly on, where as if you wire the orange to a light source eg: sidelight, it will only come on when your lights are switched on.

Ahem.

Mike D EP82

Member +
theyre pretty gash tbh mate. there was one fitted to my car just before i bought it. i made him rip it out because it was so pish lol

DancerEP82

Member +
i was going to get one of these so i could get an idea on how my car is running ie rich or lean...

so are they worth it ?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
they are only worth it so you know that the lambda is still working.. but dont bother get any readings from it!!

@ nuggie - yes they tend to go from lean to stoich from one side to an other on cruise but on boost should stay in one pace or at least move and gives you some sort of reading...