auto to manual

alexgt

Member +
Just wondering how hard it would be to convert my auto GT to manual and if it is going to be really expensive.

has any one on here done it??

Spoonz

Member +
im sure it costs around £500 and u can get it done by some garages for like 700 including parts

alexgt

Member +
that includes gearbox and all bits i wonder if anyone on here does that sort of thing that is not to far away from me?

Spoonz

Member +
yea usually a friend of mine had it done his bill came to something like 653 including gearbox

vtecpete

Member +
had a glanza that was auto converted to manual before it came from japan, never trusted the thing it just didnt feel right and iv heard others say the same thing, she boosted great but gearbox never seemed right might be best selling up and buying a manual

GlanzaMat

Member +
i wouldnt buy a converted manual.

just look at the prices of auto's...dirt cheap, it will never truly be a manual and that will affect resale value

Kelly

Member +
i wouldnt buy a converted manual.

just look at the prices of auto's...dirt cheap, it will never truly be a manual and that will affect resale value

that not the same as saying a td04 turbo conversion is never truely a td04 as the starlets come with ct9s as standards?

Surely if done properly it should feel fine?

If done properly it should sell at the same value as any other manual gt as it has a manual gearbox in it?

JDubz

Member +
My

Glanza was converted from Auto to Manual at first it felt fucked up, didnt feel right?

Changed clutch got some new garage to take a look at it, $100 later it was sorted. Feels fine now.

Just make sure you get somone who knows what they are doing not like what i did with the first guy.

GlanzaMat

Member +
that not the same as saying a td04 turbo conversion is never truely a td04 as the starlets come with ct9s as standards?

Surely if done properly it should feel fine?

If done properly it should sell at the same value as any other manual gt as it has a manual gearbox in it?

not a chance in my opinion

take 2 identical cars, 1 manual, 1 auto

convert the auto to manual and i will gurantee the factory manual will sell for more than the converted manual.