autobahn88 manifold and decat

trickie

Member +
just wondered wot ppl opinions of the autobahn88 manifold n decat have found them quite cheap n wondered if it woz worth gettin 2 tide me over 4 a bit till i can afford a better 1 if it cracks!!

do they fit well n do they crack easy? i have also noticed they r not braced is this a major issue?

monka

Member +
you wanna buy this so you can save for a better one if it cracks?

why not just save and buy a good one anyway

After-Glanza

Member +
had mine a while now and only problem i had was a gasket blowing which i have now replaced and is going fine again.i got the braced mani apparently 3mm thick one and hasnt cracked so far and im now runnin a bar. my decat and mani went on without a problem but there have been many people saying that they do not fit well. i guess its hit and miss with them. i bought them before i had known about their reputation. my advice would be to get a mild steel mani from a trader on here. and maybe go for the autobahn decat as it would probs be less likely to crack than their manis.

ChrisGT

Member +
Save up and get something mild steel!

I have an Autobahn mani and have had it on my car for about 5 months without a problem (touch wood!) but I got it braced and have a front exit exhaust (so less weight that it has to support!). So for me, buying cheap paid off but I reckon I got lucky as others have said they had problems fitting them whereas mine seemed to go straight on! SPS do some wicked manifolds, so have a butch at them!

trickie

Member +
thanks 4 the help will ave 2 look into gettin a mild steel 1! only problem need 2 try n get 1 b4 the 1st of august!! i will most probably get the decat then!

H

hoochhenry

listen autobann are the worst parts to get go shop for something better i had one auto bann manifold cracked in a month crap

Mike_ep91

Member +
only decent thing that autobahn makes is there fmic..save up and buy a sps mild steel mani and decat..they prob las longer than the car itself:D

trickie

Member +
yeah think im gonna buy the stainless steel mani n decat of sps!! they look like good quality n reasonable priced!