Axles that fit ep91?

Julios91

Member +
Hi all,

I’m looking to fit new axles on my ep91 4efte as they are completely worn and boots are ripped. Does anyone know what axles will fit on to it?? Perhaps Tercel axles?? I found a site that fits for 600hp axles but I really don’t want to spend or make more that what is stock on the car at this moment. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
Generally the shafts are perfectly fine. You just need new joints. You can send them away to get rebuilt or you can purchase new joints and rebuild them yourself. eBay has them.
You need to match up the spline counts on the outer joint as there are 2 different types. You also need to ensure you get an abs version outer joint if you have abs. An abs version can normally be used on a non abs by removing the ring yourself.

Reactions: Jay

Julios91

Member +
Generally the shafts are perfectly fine. You just need new joints. You can send them away to get rebuilt or you can purchase new joints and rebuild them yourself. eBay has them.
You need to match up the spline counts on the outer joint as there are 2 different types. You also need to ensure you get an abs version outer joint if you have abs. An abs version can normally be used on a non abs by removing the ring yourself.
Thank you for the input. I think I will be sending them out to get rebuilt.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Thank you for the input. I think I will be sending them out to get rebuilt.
I did that many years ago when aftermarket parts weren't that easy to find and it didn't cost too much more than doing it yourself.
They have lasted 10+ years, so I can't complain :)

Julios91

Member +
I did that many years ago when aftermarket parts weren't that easy to find and it didn't cost too much more than doing it yourself.
They have lasted 10+ years, so I can't complain :)
Do you know where I can find rebuild kits. Tried Amayama but it’s a little hard telling which part number brings the whole kit to rebuild them.

dac69er

Super Moderator
You just need both joints. Inner joints are all the same, but outers have different spline counts.

Search for INNER JOINT 23X34X23. Febest 0111-001. It's actually an n/a joint, so slightly smaller, but will work perfectly fine.

Outer joint can be found on eBay. You need to confirm the inner and outer spline count on your existing joint. Most are 23/30 I believe.
Parts traders will sell them too.

Reactions: Jay

Julios91

Member +
You just need both joints. Inner joints are all the same, but outers have different spline counts.

Search for INNER JOINT 23X34X23. Febest 0111-001. It's actually an n/a joint, so slightly smaller, but will work perfectly fine.

Outer joint can be found on eBay. You need to confirm the inner and outer spline count on your existing joint. Most are 23/30 I believe.
Parts traders will sell them too.
Thank you sir found it!!