back end is very loose????????

turbo-dan

Member +
the back end seems to be very loose on my gt obviosly suspention has a big factor does or has any1 else had the same probs ( only when hit slight bumps around corners by the way )

riko666

Member +
panhard rod loose maybe? that and the trailing arm rear axle suspension isn't known to be very stable doing mid-corner bumps...mainly as both wheels react to any given bump...

Ollie: Gapage ;)

glanzaV195

Member +
i got this problem, panhard rod bushes seen better days and the bushes in the bottom of the rear shocks have collapsed, park your car with one side up on the curb and you'l be able to see if your bushes are collapsed

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
the back end steeping out i take it...i figured it was my shocks or springs being too bouncy but their not actually that bad..

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i got this problem, panhard rod bushes seen better days and the bushes in the bottom of the rear shocks have collapsed, park your car with one side up on the curb and you'l be able to see if your bushes are collapsed

i don't know what bushins look like apart from exhaust ones and that,could you explain

turbo-dan

Member +
on many of my local round abouts there is groves in the road an if i hit these at around 30+ the back end bounces an you are sideways gets a bit annoying at times an when i say grooves i gont mean really bad nor are they little hard to explain realy

glanzaV195

Member +
they'r just round rubber bushes that are in the bottom of the shock where it bolts to the axle, mine seem to have just gone soft and perrished a bit same with the panhard rod bushes, the standard panhard rod aint to great anyway

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
thanks will check it tomorow...
@ turbo-dan...i think you mean uneven road like "ripples" in it

glanzaV195

Member +
yeah, also when you check them dont jack the car up as it would help to have the weight of the car on them to see if they are worn

glanzaV195

Member +
and check for cracks(perished) also look a the bushes where the axle mounts to the body, its all simple stuff to change if they are worn

glanzaV195

Member +
sorry i should of said they look simple enough to change thats as long as replacements are available! not actually done mine yet as getting coilovers and new panhard rod soon.

glanzaV195

Member +
looking at them i think they should just press out using a vice or press and then press the new ones in, not sure if polyureathene bushes are available, theyd be better but would be a harder ride