Black smoke, eating petrol

JohnpjGT

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys, new to the site looking for a bit of help. I just bought a 95 GT with a 98 Glanza V engine in it. It's quite smoky with black smoke and is absolutely eating the juice. It has no airbox or filter on it and has a hole in the exhaust somewhere. Just wondering if this would explain the above problems? Any help is appreciated

glanza2281

Member +
what this hole is about? get rid of it and and take it from there to see what the problem could be. do you have a fuel regualtor? do you actually see the smoke or you smell it?

mark1991

Member +
check the vacum line from the regulator to inlet manifold? hows the lamba sensor?

i would get a filter on it to mate.

JohnpjGT

Fresh Recruit
what this hole is about? get rid of it and and take it from there to see what the problem could be. do you have a fuel regualtor? do you actually see the smoke or you smell it?
I think there is a fuel regulator, and you can see the black smoke and smell it, it smells like it's overfueling

JohnpjGT

Fresh Recruit
check the vacum line from the regulator to inlet manifold? hows the lamba sensor?

i would get a filter on it to mate.
Ye I'm getting a filter today or tomorrow and I'm going to sort out the exhaust. Ye I'll check the vacuum lines when I get home, sounds possible cause they look a bit all over the place. The lambda sensor is fine as far I know but might throw a meter on it to be sure...

wildchild

Member +
i'll tel you spot on that its the MAP sensor. check if the rubber hose has come off either at the MAP or the inlet manifold. Else you have the wrong MAP sensor or else its blown. Check that the part number on the MAP matches with the number on the ECU.