Blitz EBC and Tial Wastegate

gizzy98

Member +
Hi Guys,

Got my TD04 finally fitted but struggling to find the right way to use it alongside the Blitz boost controller SBC i-D Dual Solenoid version.

I had it initially plumbed in with a T Piece from the compressor housing and side of the wastegate plumbed into the 'IN' port on the solenoid. The boost was overboosting but figured out I didnt change the setting on the Blitz to wastegate, changed that and it only boosted to 0.25 Bar (I have a small yellow spring in there atm which I believe is 0.250 according to the Tial Spring guide)

This would stay at 0.25 ish even with the controller set to 0.50 or higher.

I read up and there are several posts which say to connect the compressor housing to the 'IN' port and the 'OUT' to the side of the wastegate and run the controller setup for AC (Actuator) with it like this it still only gives me around 0.25.

I have got a bigger spring for the wastegate which is a large yellow spring which should give me 0.70, im going to switch them around tomorrow to see if I then see 0.70 rather than the 0.25.

Anyone running this same setup who can confirm where I need to plumb the lines into and the settings on their controller?

I was running the EBC on my old CT9 hybrid fine (apart form some boost creep) but it used to adjust the boost fine and hold it to a certain extent so im pretty sure its not the controller causing problems.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adam

Texx

Super Moderator
Compressor housing to 'T' piece.

'T' piece to side port of wastegate and IN port of solenoid.

OUT port of solenoid to top port of wastegate.

Ideally the compressor should be plumbed directly to the side port of the wqastegate and the IN port of the solenoid should be plumbed into the inlet between the intercooler and throttle body, however this isn't as straight forward as it sounds so the T piece off the compressor is the next best option.

The Blitz needs to be set to wastegate, boost SET at 30 and GAIN at 20 and go from there.

gizzy98

Member +
Thx mate,

Thats how I had it setup to begin with but the blitz boost set at .5 with abt 15 gain. Should that not have given me .5 boost rather than the spring pressure or maybe its too high for the spring to cope?

cheers,

Adam

AdamB

Member +
The blitz ebc runs on a percentage basis rather than a boost basis.
As Texx said, make sure its set to run the right setup, ie actuator or external.

gizzy98

Member +
Aye, im sure I set it up in the end right. Will take another, look tomo & do a reset on the ebc before changing the settings agn. Ill switch the spring over as well at the same time.

gizzy98

Member +
I switched the spring over yesterday and this morning ive got 0.70 boost. Ill try adjusting the EBC to 0.75/0.80 to see if it adjusts and holds it ok.

Ive got a Jam ECU and havnt had the fuelling checked yet (One reason why I only wanted the low boost to begin with)

Any ideas what is a safe lvl of boost to run prior to getting it checked on a RR or via a Wideband?

aidan

Member +
i'd say it would be fine at .8 or .9 until ya get it checked few people have ran those ecu's at over a bar with good afr's on td04's

Texx

Super Moderator
The Blitz needs to be set to wastegate, boost SET at 30 and GAIN at 20 and go from there.

I switched the spring over yesterday and this morning ive got 0.70 boost. Ill try adjusting the EBC to 0.75/0.80 to see if it adjusts and holds it ok.

With the 0.7BAR spring drop the SET to around 20 and GAIN to 15 to begin with. Don't use the AUTO boost setting with an external gate set it to MANUAL, the Blitz will just keep boost spiking when set to AUTO.

For a steady 0.8BAR with the CT9, mine is at SET 23 and GAIN 39. Leave your GAIN at 15 and adjust the SET until peak boost pressure is where you want it to be, a few 4th gear pulls on a quiet stretch of tarmac should be enough to get the required setting. Then increase the GAIN until the boost pressure spikes just above the previous peak pressure, then knock the GAIN back 1 or 2 points. It may take a little trial and error after this to get the exact peak boost pressure you desire without spiking, but you should be somewhere in the ballpark.