Boost controller problem

lanxter

Member +
Anyone own a HKS EVC 5?

I own a td04 ep82 running an external wastegate and hks EVC 5. Now in 1st and 2nd boost is fine, but in 3rd 4th and 5th I'm getting fluctuation as the boost rises. The boost is going up but dropping by 1/2psi constantly even when it reaches max boost.

anyone know how to fix this?

Now if i run gate pressure I don't get this problem.

I've checked all the boost hoses.

Read the manual about 10 times and still no joy.

Gav_Kara

Member +
I know on boost controllers like blitz spec s there's a switch to external to internal waistgate has yours got that function??

lanxter

Member +
Yeah buddy, I've switched to external. Tried both in all honesty and the same problem.

Pretty sure there has got to be a setting in it I can change to fix it but just can't find it.

Doing my head in tbh making me want to get rid of the car as I'm fed up of paying money out constantly on fixing the thing.

Cheers for help though lad I know you was trying to help the other day.

Gav_Kara

Member +
I'm more into blitz spec s that all my work deal with we call um ronseal boost controllers cos does what it says on the box ha ha it's defo befo controller is it not piping or oat lke that. It's not hitting boost warning or running shuffle mode or oat is it. What if ya by pass controller and run waistgate pressure is it ok then as it shouldn't boost full pressure in low gears only when under load I.e 3,4,5 gears. Also on the external waist gate mines a tial one and only piped into lower part and top running to atmosphore is that how yours is??

lanxter

Member +
nope not hitting warning, warning set to 1.4 bar. Im only running 1.3bar. its fluctuating all the way from coming on boost. Cant remember how its piped up off the top of my head ill take a look tomorrow.

Ill also try lowering the gain kieran but think I tried that before.

lanxter

Member +
Right I've just checked the gain and its set to 157% which it says in the instructions its 100% standard.

also I checked the piping and its plumed in both top and bottom on the external gate. If yours is only bottom Gav have you T-pieced the two pipes and put them both in the bottom? then left the top to vent?

Just the instructions show it plumed in top and bottom.

Cheers mate

Mark