boost gauge

templar2007

Member +
I got a boost gauge of my mate who got a glanza a just want to no wot bits a need to fit it and is the a link to help

thanks Alex

Vglanza

Member +
Mechanical gauge i take it? If So Live an earth wire Enough vaccum hose to connect too the pipe goin into the intake,not sure on exact length. I put mine through the bung that the speedo goes through and a T connecter. i wired mine up too my Fog light live wire. hope this helps.

yiph

Member +
You'd need:

- Vacuum hose about 2-3m length (to be cut to exact length later)
- Tee piece
- signal wires if ones on the gauge are fairly short
- Soldering iron (replacable with electrical tape)
- Heat shrink (replacable with electrical tape)
- Wire cutter + stripper
- Multimeter
- Cup of hot water

======
Thread the vacuum line from the cabin into the engine bay, this way you have shorter distance to pull through the firewall. Locate your electrical wires, I had to use +12V ignition, +12V battery, 0V Earth for mine. Use a multimeter to locate the wire, suggest locating a ground wire first so you can use a reference to locate the +12V wires.

Either solder or twist+tape them together, choice is yours. Make sure you thread the heat shrink before you solder the wires, happen to me countless time where I had to redo the soldering because I forogt the heatshrink.

Finally, connect your hose to the intake manifold. You would need to either cut the existing one or use new hoses to fit the T-piece in place. If hoses are too tight, dip it in hot water for few mins which should expand and soften it up to fit.

Good luck :D