Boost Question

JAY_D

Member +
Im getting a hks actuator & im wondering if i can up the boost to a certain point without the need to get FPR etc??

Standard EP91

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Around 0.8bar, but each car is slightly different so it maybe a little lower than that.

I'd suggest a FMIC & uprated exhaust manifold/decat to make the most of it, and give the car a full service first if you haven't already.

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
as nick says you wont be able to go much higher due to fuel cut anyway, so you may want to look at getting a piggyback ecu or fcd+rrfpr, manifold and decat, air filter to the front and maybe a FMIC if you are chasing some more ponies.

JAY_D

Member +
not really after more ponies just seeing if i could up the boost slightly without the need for supporting mods like piggback ecu or fcd an fpr..
Have an apexi cat back sys to go on & rx7 top mount ic, manifold is standard but will be porting that.
Just dont want to up the boost past standard if its not safe on a standardish car

AdamB

Member +
No thats well within the stock ecu's capabilites, anymore than 0.8 bar and its outside what the ecu can control. Which is why a rrfpr is needed to stop it from running lean, and also to be setup using a wideband.

spence

Member +
Questiong for you Jay.
If you have fitted your HKS Actuator, what RPM does your engine boost at??

Just asking because iv got a HKS Actuator and mine boost at about 4500RPM and was wondering if that was right?

I know you can turn them up but was wondering whats the best time for it to boost and get the best fuel efficiency?
Thats a question for other people that know abit more about these btw :D

Last edited: