boost

jonno2006

Member +
hello peeps, ive been having problems with boost creep for a few months now ive tried a number of things but it still happens, ive now put my car back to how i bought it before i had any problems, all my mods under bonnet are now my blitz air filter an blitz exhaust, ive put my cat back in an standard actuator an reconnected my hi/lo solenoid but its still creeping really bad at high revs, its never used to do it, so i thought if i put it back to how i bought it that i would solve my problem but it hasnt, any help would be great. cheers

jonno....

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
removethe air filter and replace with stock...the cat should've done nothing aswell as acuator

jonno2006

Member +
i dont have a standard air box, it never had one it had the blitz air filter on when i got it thats why i dont understand why it keeps doing it when it never did b4,

dac69er

Super Moderator
what boost does it hit then creep to mate? anything less than about 0.85-0.9 and it will creep to that amount, ive ported my wastegate a bit too.

dac69er

Super Moderator
after about 5000rpm?
its normal mate, but i dont know why you are getting that problem with such minimal breathing mods. mine only does it to the extent i said as i have decat, mani. full exhaust and filter mounted up the front.
havnt tried mine out that much but i reckon the creep it has at present will be below fuel cut.

jonno2006

Member +
i know i dont get it either, like i say it didnt used to do it, then i took cat out an fitted actuator an bypassed the hi/lo an it stated then, now ive put it back to how it used to be an its still doing it,

dac69er

Super Moderator
not sure mate unless your actuator is playing up? if its not opening corretly or fully it could cause this. also a small leak in a hose to the actuator can cause similar problems

jonno2006

Member +
that wont stop creep tho will it, ill have to get all fueling mods an that, i dont wanna spend owt on it unless its a service, im goin to ireland in it in 18 days so trying to just get it running right.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
that wont stop creep tho will it, ill have to get all fueling mods an that, i dont wanna spend owt on it unless its a service, im goin to ireland in it in 18 days so trying to just get it running right.

it wont stop creep no,but it wont boost too high so it wont damage the car.

why you coming to ireland and where to?

jonno2006

Member +
ill try the air box first, will a 4efe one off a corolla fit on it,
Im goin to cork city for a month to see what its like then i should be moving over there in near future to live with my miss's,

dac69er

Super Moderator
how will a fcd stop the boost going so high that it wont damage the car? its worse than leaving it with the safety cut off (fuel cut) at its standard level

jonno2006

Member +
thats what i thought to have an fcd ill need fueling mods an then mite aswell run more boost but it will still creep, wont it??

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
how will a fcd stop the boost going so high that it wont damage the car? its worse than leaving it with the safety cut off (fuel cut) at its standard level

with boost set to .5/.6 bar with the acuator it will hardly creep to or over 1bar, which might suit until he gets fueling and the like set up

dac69er

Super Moderator
thats not exactyl good advice. fuelling mods first, then fcd. you dont really want to do it the other way round. if it hits fuel cut then he will just have to drive more carefully. fuel cut is there for a reason and just fitting a fcd isnt the way to do it.