Brakes dont work???

froshtyv

Member +
Not on my car on my girlfriends 206.

This is what ive done so far,

Bled the brakes like so,

Wheel off nut open push brake pedal untill i drained a good bit of fluid through the line,
Food pressed fully down nut tightend up,
Same on other side,
Its the front brakes im on about,

No joy with that,

Took the calipers off and pushed the piston back in on both sides,

Pumped brakes still no good,

You can put your foot firmly to the ground and the car doesnt stop,

There is a good bit of the pad left!!

Would it be worth changing the pads??

Or should i be looking for a bigger problem???

Thanks.

Derek.

Dj ep

Member +
you could have air in the rear lines , start from the wheel furthest from the master cylinder

Cooch

Member +
Yeah same procedure. Undo the nipple on the back give her a few pumps and hold it down and lock it off. As DJ said start furthest away and do all 4 again.

froshtyv

Member +
Yeah same procedure. Undo the nipple on the back give her a few pumps and hold it down and lock it off. As DJ said start furthest away and do all 4 again.

Cheers,

Well ive no idea which one is the furthest away so ill take a guess,

50/50 chance sure haha

Thanks for the help.

bullet

Member +
sounds like a master cylinder problem to me, id try bleeding all the brakes properly first using a pressure bleeder, not pumping the foot pedal as you may damage the seal in the master cylinder if you havent already, but even if you had air in the lines you would probably still get some braking unless you had a leak, sound more like the seals in the master cylinder have split/worn and not build up pressure when you press the foot brake.
hope this helps.

did they work ok untill you tryed bleeding them? did it run out of fluid? are you keepin ther pipe from the nipple submerged as it may suck air in when you lift the pedal, if youve got a leak it could be wheel cyclinders on the back, master or slave you could be loosing fluid in the box