Buddy club racing spec coilovers?

tgidavid

Member +
Even the softest setting would not make it any easier on your teeth. You need to have soft progressive rate springs and near stock dampening and shock travel to soak up those bumps. There aren't bumps and pothole on tracks like nurburing, so most coilover valve their shocks for the maximum grip and steering response.

MeisterR

Lifer
You need to have soft progressive rate springs and near stock dampening and shock travel to soak up those bumps.

I have to disagree with that about progressive spring rate.

I find that most progressive spring rate are use as a "compromise".
Most of the time it is use in lowering springs where the initial rate have to be soft so it will work with the standard dampers, but the compress rate have to be hard in order to avoid bottoming out the standard damper and causing damage.

A sensible linear rate springs with matching dampers can be just as comfortable as a progressive spring / dampers setup. But it will provide much better weight transfer characteristic as the weight won't shift from side to side continuously due to the fact that linear rate springs are running a 1:1 ratio (1mm of compression : 1mm of rebounce)

It may be because I have been using coilovers for a long time and I much prefer driving on linear rate springs.
It just feels much smoother during the exit of a turn (and it doesn't have to be fast either) and just feel much more predictable overall.

As for making the BuddyClub Racing Spec coilovers soft... probably not possible.
Their springs rate and damper rate are not "sensible", therefore they are not design to be compliant over rough roads but design for reduced body roll on track surfaces.