Buddy Club Spec II

Dan_SV

Member +
I am looking to upgrade my current exhaust system and have pretty much decided on a spec II system.
Am just wondering if any1 else has 1 or knows any1 with 1 and if there are any major issues i should be aware of?
I currently have a straight thru pipe (which looks to be a piece of scaffold welded to the de-cat)! and want something in stainless steel which will last longer than my current exhaust!!!
any help would be much appreciated.

Dingle

Member +
Ive got one, there a sweet soundng exhaust not to loud really. The only problem i have is at the rear it bangs abit on bumps and poor roads

stuart

Member +
They sound sweet mate. :)
And fook them too, hah!! I drive through Holme on a night waking everyone up....

stuart

Member +
I heard one on a civic, fair enough it was louder when he hit vetak, but could hear him from quite a distance....

Dan_SV

Member +
was the civic craigs ek9 by any chance?
his was the loudest exhaust i have ever heard!!!
got him in2 a bit of trouble tho :haha:

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
How are they like rocking horse shit when you can buy them brand new, for quite cheap too - compared to other jdm systems?

http://www.monstermotorsport.com/trolleyed/96/index.htm

No mate to be fair he is correct. The latest batch have been re designed and we found they did not fit at all so had to return all our stock. Since then BC in Japan seem to be reluctant to fix the fault as they do not see a big market for the system on EP's as they were only seling in the UK and a handful in Australia. I know this as I deal with BuddyClub UK all the time. I know BC UK have a few EP91 systems (the ones that dont fit) left that they will only supply if they fit them as they need re welding. I think they charge about £60VAT to do this. Consequently they are gonna become rare I think!

Regarding the noise they are the loudest I have heard on a Starlet, noticeably louder than a Nur Spec R and mine is definately loud now with the TD04 kit and ext wastegate setup!!

Mike

Dan_SV

Member +
right update on the exhaust situation.
i have rang up the guys at buddyclub uk and i can get a spec II fitted by them for around £500. only problem is they're over in manchester and i can't really get there when they are open.
i am just wondering if any1 else can reccommend another exhaust that is similar to the spec II (i.e. a straight thru pipe) that is readily availiable that i could get???
any help would be great.
thanks

Dan_SV

Member +
right then, any1 got any other ideas (apart from custom exhaust)?
have been looking at literally everything - hks, blitz, 5ziegen etc!!!
still dunno what will be best tho! :confused:

Matchew

Member +
Blitz nur spec all the way fella you wont be disappointed mike@monstormotorsport will be your best bet £525 delivered iirc

stuart

Member +
Yer, can vouch for Nur spec's, CMR used to have one on his Glanza and had a lovely rumble when ticking over and sounded well on boost!

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
All the above systems are great tbh. Think we supplied CMR's Blitz system also! We are curently offering free delivery and can get Blitz and 5Zigen in a day or two. Have HKS on the shelf though this one is a little quieter.

Mike