Bypassed solenoid - Need HKS Actuator?

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
I'm in the process of putting a 4e into my Sera and not bothering with the hi/lo solenoid. Someone was telling me that if I just use the stock actuator or a cheap boost controller it will creep like crazy until fuel cut. Is the only way around this to get a HKS actuator or am I better off just putting everything together and seeing what happens?

Gryzor

Admin
I'd use the stock solenoid and just leave it switched to high boost. You can look at upgrades once you have it all back together. :)

zuutroy

Fresh Recruit
Prob is I don't have one :)
I just bought the engine and it didn't come with the solenoid and the turbo already has the hoses looped. I'm not planning any mods yet really and it will be completely standard when finished.

Gryzor

Admin
Prob is I don't have one :)
I just bought the engine and it didn't come with the solenoid and the turbo already has the hoses looped. I'm not planning any mods yet really and it will be completely standard when finished.

Hks actuator & a cheap boost gauge to set it. or else fire a post in the wanted section should be a few lying around :)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
you don't need the solonoid, you can leave one of the actuator take offs running to atmos and it'll just run in high boost (i forget which which takeoff)

Just buy a mines or other comparible ecu and you are ready, no more looking around with hks actuators, fuel cut or hi lo boosts. (and more aggressive fuel map) get rit of the solonoid and trow it in the trashcan!
Just use your foot for low boost :rockon: