can driving with a cracked manifold cause damage?

wishbone

Member +
as above? will this harm my car flat broke at the moment and cant offord a new one, but still need to get around. will it do my engine any damage?

Paul_JJ

Member +
Been driving with an absolutely f*cked mani for a few months, apart from the extra dirt didn't notice any problems!

madman

Member +
so what happens if a piece of the mani goes into the turbo will that not damage the turbo.... i think it will but this depends on how badly cracked it is

Paul_JJ

Member +
so what happens if a piece of the mani goes into the turbo will that not damage the turbo.... i think it will but this depends on how badly cracked it is

Well it does crack but I don't think any pieces are going in to the Turbo, it's more like windscreen IMHO, crack but no pieces......
Believe me or not I've had a really badly cracked in a few places standard mani and replaced it to WEPR and didn't notice any difference in performance afterwards.........

wishbone

Member +
so from what your saying id be alright driving around with as little boost as possible. untill funds can offord a ported one off 12345678