car crash!

EP824U

Member +
As I usually question everyone on here when Im not clued up on something. I will do so again lol. I'll take u through the events step by step then would love some advice and info on compo etc.
On Sturday morning my gf's mate offered me a lift home. We were going over a mini roundabout and a woman on our left (should have been giving way to the right aka us), pulled straight out and we smashed into her with full impact on my (passsenger) side. The impact sent me forward with a mighty jolt and cracked my rib and strained my shoulder on impact. I also put my head through the window but dont remember that lol!:confused:
After realising what happened I clambered out to check the lady was ok n called :holdit: and ambulance.
Whilst waiting for the ambulance (6.30am), a man came out his house and gave me a cup of tee and a fag and sat chatting to me as I was pretty angry. Talk about a sound guy!
Anyway ambulance came, went to hospital, dickhead foreign doctor checked me over said my rib may be cracked but my chestwall was definitely severely bruised and there wasnt much he cud do 4 me i.e. I have to just sit it out with painkillers.
The lady who pulled out in the Yaris has taken full blame and responsibility and my mate has put through that I was badly hurt for a compo claim. Typically, I was the only one hurt lol :mad:.
Sorry for such a long post but wanted to tell full story before I ask:
What do I do now as far as compo is concerned?
How much should I expect (roughly) if I am to recieve some?
How long will it take?

Thanks guys, people with experience of these situations could definitely help!

Ed

kirky1

Fresh Recruit
depends how long it takes for you to get better i think. i had a whiplash claim which lasted about 18 months and only got £3300 and my backs still fucked.

Jaf_ep91

Member +
id claim my mate was out drinking 1 nyt and ended up dislocating his thumb and the day after he was driving obv shouldnt have been some1 crashed up the back of his car, he claimed for hs hand and recieved 1500 id take her to the works as a result of your injury mate.

Ben89

Lifer
make sure you get a doctors note telling of your injurys also try to get a the records of your hospital appointment and a representative from your friends inurance company should be in touch soon to get the ball rolling with your claim.
p.s try and have as much time off of work that usually bumps the compensation up a bit.

muthaducka

Member +
I wouldn't leave it to your mate to make a claim, If I was you, I would sort this out myself.

Call a no win no free solicitor and register your claim. Take pictures of the damage to the car and yourself to show any bruising etc. I think the process is that you would claim the insurance either directly from the lady or through your mates insurers to then collect from her.

I used these guys last year and they were faultless and quick: http://www.pannone.com/solicitors-for-you.asp

EP824U

Member +
thanks guys. lol, cars fucked. imo its a good thing as 1 less saxo on the road lol. The thing is there arnt any bruising marks as its right under collar bone. Ive arranged to go gp and get him to write up a note. will get time off work as 2 painful 2 drive.
Darius, doesnt that cost throught the nose?