Car don't start plus help

boostup

Member +
Car just clicks when u turn the key seems like the starter motor ain't turning over and I can't locate the starter motor were is it located plus help.

boostup

Member +
Everything lights up tho like gauages and the dials I got that battery tester which plugs into the cigarette lighter and that shows the battery is fine

elison

Member +
battery or could be the starter selenoid. try givin the starter some ticks see if it helps. the starter is at your right side behind the engine below the thermostat tubing that comes from the waterpump.

Guye

Lifer
x2, just sounds like there is not enough juice, but enough for dash lights etc.

Agreed. There can be enough voltage to run some accessories, but not enough cranking amps to turn the engine if the battery is run down or have a damaged cell.

dac69er

Super Moderator
those plug in testers are mickey mouse toys. you need a battery load tester as the voltage may only drop when you try and start the car.

i still reckon its the battery

dac69er

Super Moderator
Hope so it's that I can't even see the starter motor on the car hoe easy is it to change

not too bad. 2 bolts, a clip on connector and bolt on connector. remember to disconnect the battery first. undo the bolts from the top and then remove from underneath. not too bad a job, just a little fiddly.

boostup

Member +
I can't even seem to see the starter motor were about is it looked everywhere do I need to go underneath the car

dac69er

Super Moderator
its round the back of the engine, bolted to the gearbox. you can just see it from the top, easier to see from underneath.