Car problem - Hessitating

turbo-roj

Member +
I dont know if im being paranoid or what, car is still fast but im sure its slower since ive put on the Actuator and De-cat.

Since putting the actuator on its set to about 7psi, (just below fuel cut) however if the turbo is switched to "high mode" it hits fuel cut. this aint the problem as il be getting an FCD soon anyway, however. im sure when hoofing it, it seems to be holding back.

Reasons as to why?
so far im thinking one of the following:
1. Incorrect air/fuel mix
2. head gasket on way out
3. piston ring broken
4. Fuel filter manky
5. cracked manifold

Please could someone explain the different syptoms for the above?

Im gonna get a compression test next weekend but wondering what you guys think first? and if any of you have had similar problem

also, say if I incresed the boost (once i got the FCD) to say 10/12 psi (without fueling mods) would it be noticeably faster?

Cheers Guys!

When fitting the De-cat, the guy in the garage pointed out that the lamda Sensor was too long to fit in the pipe so its been put in and bent (lower lamda sensor) is that a problem? its still connected but just touching the other side of the pipe, how would i get a shorter sensor?

Last edited:

turbo-roj

Member +
I think it varies on every car, i think the fuel cut kicks in at between 8 and 9 (thats what it shows on the boost guage)

hodgy

Member +
I think it varies on every car, i think the fuel cut kicks in at between 8 and 9 (thats what it shows on the boost guage)

r you sure ya boost gauge is hooked up right because fuel cut isn't till 13.5 ish psi

have you got a fuel cut defender maybe you have set it to low ??? so it cuts at 9 just a thought even if at all possible

turbo-roj

Member +
theres no FCD on it as far as i know, the turbo is spooling up faster (louder) but the gauge I have goes up to 7psi and cuts out at 8ish, this is on my GT, (incase Glanza is different) anyway am sure it may be the air/fuel mix, where can i get a cheapy controller to set it up, am sure i heard i could get an SAFC for £50 no?

59bhp

Member +
you fit a fcd without correct fueling mods and you will seriously feck up your engine. You cant just go wacking the boost up and hope everything will be okay. You will run a very lean mixture and chances are you will blow something up.

turbo-roj

Member +
Well i do plan on getting a Walbro fuel pump and RRFPR then get it set up on rolling road, would that be sufficient? and was hoping to run 1bar, is this too much? dont have a front mount as yet, probably be a crimbo present lol

Spoonz

Member +
you fit a fcd without correct fueling mods and you will seriously feck up your engine. You cant just go wacking the boost up and hope everything will be okay. You will run a very lean mixture and chances are you will blow something up.

This isnt true,
A fcd dose NOT effect your engine in any way it jut tricks the ecu into thinking your not running alot of pressure and not hit fuel cut, You can set your boost to 11psi and be safe has for your problem i wud get your sensor fixed has it cud be that has its the logical thing if its the only thing that as change (i.e not on the same has it come of) change it put it on right and try again.

Hope this helps

59bhp

Member +
This isnt true,
A fcd dose NOT effect your engine in any way it jut tricks the ecu into thinking your not running alot of pressure and not hit fuel cut, You can set your boost to 11psi and be safe has for your problem i wud get your sensor fixed has it cud be that has its the logical thing if its the only thing that as change (i.e not on the same has it come of) change it put it on right and try again.

Hope this helps

my mistake thought fuel cut was at 11psi

turbo-roj

Member +
Actually i dont think it will be the lambda sensor, its the bottom EGT sensor thats bent and that dont matter does it? so any ideas on what it could be? i think it may be me being paranoid lol