car stopped this mornin..help please

driving along this morning in traffic felt the car hesitate..then slow down wouldnt take throttle and cut out and wouldnt start
its gettin fuel and a spark (a weak spark) i have a good earth on the engine
checked a few bits on the road i had my power fc in a bag in the car plugged in just to chance it and its started but wouldnt drive
i was checkin again and plugged out the map sensor and sounded better so i drove it halfway home easy
just changed the map sensor there at its no better
im thinkin now its ignition amp what does anybody think?
thanks for any replies

GP82

Member +
Check all the ignition system, but i would bet it's a fractured distributor cap or worn rotor arm.

the rotor arm is only a year old de cap is grand tho.Its somethin after failing it just went straight away.it wont start wit the standard ecu only with the power fc.there is a Good spark i couldnt see it in the daylight today.

Last edited:
Bump
Changed the distributor no difference, I checked the fuel return and there is nothin coming out,
Seems it was a fooked regulator changed that and there is still no fuel comin out
Can't understand there is defo fuel gettin into the rail I had the 17 banjo open it's pissin fuel:confused:
I left it after that it was starting to rain

Texx

Super Moderator
I checked the fuel return and there is nothin coming out,
Seems it was a fooked regulator changed that and there is still no fuel comin out
Can't understand there is defo fuel gettin into the rail I had the 17 banjo open it's pissin fuel:confused:

Most likely a fuel pump issue then, either the pump is failing or the pick-up filter on the bottom of the pump is blocked.

i changed the fpr already..the pump is grand i put a gtr skyine pump in it a few weeks ago
checked it as wel filter is clean
its like the rail is blocked its gettin way too much fuel it wont rev past 2500 and its smokin black
it only runs on the power fc its probably mapped for bigger injectors(came in the car when i got but i took it out as it i never got around to mapping it)

Think I have this sorted
I ended up changin the fpr for a sard one and the pump is only making 1 bar the reg was already set at 3 bar
Its so hard on the juice because it will only run with the MAP sensor plugged out
Anyway hopefully its just a split pipe in the tank as it would be strange a gtr pump failing,I know loads of lads using them in drift cars and they are the most reliable of all pumps
I'll just use an r33 skyline one if the gtr one is fucked should be well able for it