car temp rises when ac on

ahmedsalem89

Member +
Hi guys yesterday I spent the day doing some work in the car, I replaced fuel filter, cleaned injectors and TB . Today which is a very hot day I went on a drive, turned on the AC and noticed after a while the temp rising to around 75% and the AC was not as good as it used to be, and when I turned off the AC temp dropped to 50% which is normal driving temp . What could be the reason?

PS: I also found bit of oil on the spark plug in cylinder 3, broken piston rings mayby?

Thanx guys

5e colin

Member +
your air con might need a new recharge

and the oil in the spark-plug hole is the seal in the head on top

Rob H

Member +
I would put the engine temp going up, down to the fact the A/C pump adds a lot of extra load to the engine when the pump is working. It may need a recharge as the liquid used in A/C acts as a lubricant for the pump as well as for the cooling.

Is the oil on the plug on the top side of the plug or on the electrode side in the engine? oil on the top would prob be the spark plug tube seals in the rocker cover, if it on the bottom/ tip it could be many things.

ahmedsalem89

Member +
Thanks guys for your replyes. As for the AC I charged it a month ago so I may have a leak or a bad AC compressor but either way could it be that related to the temprature rising issue?

Regarding the spark plugs, 1,2, and 4 electrodes were mostly white/ whitish gray, number 3 had a bit of oil on the electrode ( piston side ) and number one had a little bit of oil on the middle of the spark plug ( the white area ) they are NGK Iridium and I've had them in for around 7 months. I also noticed that engine oil has decresed a little.

PS. There was no sign of oil or any other thing in the intercooler pipes

wildchild

Member +
check if your A/C condenser fan is coming on after you switch on the A/C. its next to the grill. seems this is the problem.
When you switch on the A/C the condenser fan comes on and the radiator fan also turns on continuously while the compressor is running.

ahmedsalem89

Member +
check if your A/C condenser fan is coming on after you switch on the A/C. its next to the grill. seems this is the problem.
When you switch on the A/C the condenser fan comes on and the radiator fan also turns on continuously while the compressor is running.

This could be it. and it'd make sense why the AC is not cooling properly although it had been recharged not so long ago. I also remember when I was charging the AC the AC fan didn't come on immediately but after a minute it worked by itself. I'll check and get back to you

Muddy_fox

Member +
Check also your radiator fan, when you turn-ON the AC your radiator fan should also turn-ON. If NOT, then that's the reason why your temperature is rising to 75%.

ahmedsalem89

Member +
Check also your radiator fan, when you turn-ON the AC your radiator fan should also turn-ON. If NOT, then that's the reason why your temperature is rising to 75%.

The Car was with my brother for the last week I asked him to check and he told me that the AC fan doesn't Start immediately with the AC on and after a while and a bit of pushing and hitting it works, and temp was normal but AC isn't cooling properly at all, maybe the intercooler is a bit too tight on the AC fan, anyway I'll check for myself tomorrow and report back.