car wont run?? help please

jon_young

Member +
rite, i bought the car as a rolling shell got a engine from scotland,
fitted it all plugged it alll in went to fire it earlier useing a borrowed set of ht leads,
but it wont run, but it will turn over but not run the only pipe i dont have connected is a vac pipe from the intake mani, that goes straight to one of the a/c sensors, all earths are on all sensors are plugged in or conected

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
just check for a spark mate and just work back from there. keep checking and changing things until you find the culprit.

are you getting any backfiring or anything from the engine or is there nothing at all?

Kyle_R

Member +
just check for a spark mate and just work back from there. keep checking and changing things until you find the culprit.

are you getting any backfiring or anything from the engine or is there nothing at all?
nothing at all mate just turns over and over.i know on rovers that if the water temp sensor fails they wont fire.i got a metro gti aswell.lol

jon_young

Member +
Can u do the check s with an l e d or has it got to b a machine, as I know mx 3s and celicas u can go across
The terminal s with a led and relate the flashes to a list

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can do it with an led, or just watch the engine management light when you bridge the terminals in the diagnostic socket. its te1 and e1

jon_young

Member +
Got it going now, noticed I has no ecu light on the dash I had a ecu plug unplugged,
Put it in and she started, just need to sort out intercooler and an exhaust to keep her running then start to fine
Tune her!!!! As she is hunting at the mo between 1k an 3k when she is running