car wont start after new inlet manifold - :S know right?

goldenvtr

Member +
quick overveiw,
i finished my new mechanic setup ( turbo, radiator blah etc)
fired the car is all worked spoton,
then i see a zisco inlet manifold come up for sale so i buy it.

now ive fitted the zisco inlet, made a new accelarator cable and moved a fee things in the engine bay around.

now the bloody thin wont start, not even a cough. the spark plugs are gettin fuel on as far as i can tell( there wet and smell of fuel after cranking, and all 4 plugs are sparking.

other things to mention... one of the TPS wires broke during the enginebay move around but this has been fixed. i changed the pintle caps on the injectors ( strait swap can see why this would be an issue)

things ive check:

*tried a stock fuel pressure regulator (just in case my new rrfpr setup didnt work as i *changed this same time as the inlet manifold)
*cam timing ( setup same is it was last time it ran)
*spark plugs are firing
*95% sure injectors are firing
*EFI relay seems to be ok (click when ignition it on and you remove/replace it
*playd about with the dizzy and still no "coughing" of the engine
*played around with my map (emanage) made no odds
*tried putting extra earth wires on the ignitor and fuel rail earth
*compression test at 155 ish on all 4 cold engine

now im out of ideas :(

also if/when i do get it fired up i know im good to finalise my new loom for the Link g3 ecu but i dont want to fit half a new loom knowing i might have an issue i cant resolve first

who can help get the ball rolling then lol

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
so you went from a stock manifold to a zisco one and that was it?

i would say earth on manifold. but you said you have checked that. air intake temp sensor? map sensor? tps definitely ok and setup correctly?
any ecu error codes?

goldenvtr

Member +
yup pretty much beside new fuel lines on the fuel reg as i moved its location, and i also moved the coil & ignitor location, but i have an earthing kit with a wire going to that tooive also run a direct earth from the manifold earth wires...

tps is setup correct (verified with emanage readings) same goes for map sensor and greddy pressure sensor - both show voltage/pressure change during cranking

really bugging me as im pretty good with this sort of stuff

only error code i got was air temp sensor becasue i unplugged it lol but when i plugged it in still the same..... pretty sure ive had my car running the ipast without a tps connected, temporarily with no map connected too lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
does the air temp sensor ground through the body of the manifold? if so, the ground connections that originally bolt to the manifold need to be connected to the new manifold as it was originally, not directly back to the battery, try that!

goldenvtr

Member +
hmm possably, the air temp sensor does have 2 wires though so would presume 1 in an earth but the bolt and washer is brass so maybe.... ill try going nutz with earthing..

would no AIT signal cause a non start?

dac69er

Super Moderator
im not sure tbh. i wouldnt have thought so. the starlets are pretty good, they start under most conditions.

worth a quick go, nothing to loose

goldenvtr

Member +
Got it running :) added some extra eathing which had no luck. Then i checked spark plugs again and it seemed they all fired as they should but i thought for the sake of a few quid ill put some new ones in and it stated straight away :) very strange but ahwell... in with the progress now whooo

5e colin

Member +
hey amigo make sure the bracket is earted from the coil/igniter !!!!!

i see u relocated it i had isseus to with it not earting propper/attal