Car wont start any help would be apreciated

grazza

Fresh Recruit
My cars being a pain at the minute at first the engine idle kept on dropping out and fluctuating so reasearched and checked and changed spark plugs, spark leads, new battery, new/better battery earthing, idle control valve this was ok for a while.

then started dropping out again and cutting out at junctions did abit of research and found out a faulty engine coolant temperature sensore can cause this so changed that and while doing so noticed a rubber on my thermostat was pushed out and replaced that worked ok started running like shit and revs dropping out n cutting out at juctions n now wont start at all!.

The car turns over has a dddddddddd n sometimes a lil kick to start but wont fire up i took the spark plugs out againe and they were soaked in fuel.

ive got the feeling its over fueling and drowning the spark plugs??

my engine mods are:

frontmount intercooler with custom hotside intercooler piping for for clocked standard ct9 turbo with ported wastgate.
HKS dumpvalve
ramhorn mannifold
decat
hks adjustable actuator (0.9 bar boost)
fuel cut defencer
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
255lph uprated fuel pump
ngk iridium spark plugs heat range 7 gap 0.75mm
samco intake relocation kit with apexi intake
aircon removed
race spec duel breather rover cover with oil catcher can.

any help would b awsome just fed up cars becoming a money pit!!

AdamB

Member +
Have you checked that you are actually getting spark at the spark plugs?
Remove the plugs and put them in the HT leads, hold the tip to the rocker cover and get someone to crank it. Check for spark.
What fuel pressure you running?

You could have a dodgy coil/ignitor thats not providing enough spark to ignite the fuel, causing it to missfire, jumpy and stalling.

grazza

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the reply i changed the plugs to 3 different types of spark plug changed the spark leads twice took my distributer cap off and checked the points and rotor arm they all still looked in working order and i cant remember the fuel pressure but when i got it rollin roaded and tuned the mapper put the boost up to 0.9 bar and he said he will run it a lil rich. Last time i got a glimps of the fuel pressure guage i think it was around 3.5 bar at idle. Its deffinatly summin 2 do with the sparking or fueling coz my spark plugs get coked up realy fast and my rear bumper is covered in black specks from my exhaust due to un burnt fuel so its either getting 2 much fuel or not enough spark?????

AdamB

Member +
3.5 bar is a hell of a lot for 0.9 bar. Turn it down mate. 3.5 bar could run a td04 at 230bhp lol.
How long ago was it setup?