car wont start

adee-ep

Member +
just done a 5efte swap into my glanza. it started up the first time i tried it but it hasnt started since. it turns over just doesnt start. any clues? cheers

ryandavis

Banned
fueling problum would be wer i start mate, are u getin petrol 2 the system? may hav an air lock or a blockage..? try set sumin up to get petrol 2 the plugs!!

adee-ep

Member +
just checked it and it also has spark. any other ideas? if the ignition timing is out could that stop it from starting?

adee-ep

Member +
how can you check it without the car running? does it matter if the rotor has turned while i had the dizzy off?

Texx

Super Moderator
If you haven't touched the distributor since the last time the engine started then the ignition timing isn't likely to be far enough out to prevent the engine starting.

How did you check for fuel?

How did you check for a spark?

What condition are the spark plugs in?

adee-ep

Member +
i took the plugs out and there was fuel on then. just put them in the lead and held it against the rocker while a friend started it. yeh but im thinking the rotot arm has been spun when its been out when ive been moving it about cause sometimes it tries to start.

Texx

Super Moderator
Is there not a base marker on the distributor?

dizzy.jpg

danturbo4311

Member +
Have you checked all your eaths are good & connected & yes there a cut out groove so the distributor will fit on one way round

adee-ep

Member +
heres my question. say the rotor has been spun 360 degres when its been sitting out. would it mater? yeh i can see theres a cut out so that it only goes on one way but if it was spun 360 would that not mater? cheers

Texx

Super Moderator
Line the crank and cam pulleys up to TDC and check the rotor arm is pointing at cylinder no1 HT lead connection on the distributor cap.

adee-ep

Member +
ive done that. still nothing. could it be earths? im sure mines are all good is there a quick way to see if its earths? cheers