Carbon wrapping.

Nickzorz

Member +
Anyone had anything wrapped with the carbon fiber effect viynl and had it laquered? was thinking of getting my bonnet done. Cant decide if i want it laquered.

I kind of like the carbon fiber wrap look. Not sure if it would look right on a bonnet.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Will give it that shiny effect so it looks more like the real deal and its cheaper than a proper carbon fiber bonnet.

it always looks like a sticker when you look close up, unless its actual carbon fibre wrap. then you lift the bonnet to show someone your engine and they will think your a tool for having a fake carbon fibre bonnet.

Nickzorz

Member +
Yeh thats what i was worried about. Although if i open the bonnet they are gonna think im a tool anyway cos its so damn grubby.

Guess its back to the matt black bonnet and roof...choices choices. I could leave it as it is but wheres the fun in that.

Lee-2246

Fresh Recruit
if your going to do it search e-bay for '3M Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap' prob the best stuff. Seen it used on interiors and it looks really good. Maybe if u search google you could find a bonnet done?

Nickzorz

Member +
if your going to do it search e-bay for '3M Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap' prob the best stuff. Seen it used on interiors and it looks really good. Maybe if u search google you could find a bonnet done?

Reading into it that 3m dinoc stuff has a really aggressive adhesive. SO if i decide i dont like it, im gonna end up ripping my paint off.

Gonna get some from APA.