changed my actuator good and bad result help!

i change my actuator today as the one i had the hi/lo wouldnt work even tho the pipes and everything are fine, there was a hole type standard actuator on the turbo but it wasnt the right one anyway because someone had put a bolt through it and the wastegate flap was bent and i couldnt even pull the actuator forward atal, so i staightened it out put a spare pin type standard actuator on and my hi/lo boost button works now but on lo it only boost 0.2 bar and high boost keeps going until fuel cut still the car is basically standard, took out the decat still have the induction kit filter and rear exhaust box on the standard exhaust system, im sorry its a bit long winded i just want to get it boosting correctly as it is extremely annoying :(

akyakapotter

Member +
sounds like your boost solenoid is fooked try by passing it see what it boost's to then will take out hi/low see what its like then ?

When I bypass it it just over boosts until fuel cut I have a greddy profec but havent a clue really how to install it, if the solenoid was broke why would the button work atal its the kinda problem that would drdrive me insane

akyakapotter

Member +
you could do what i have done have it on high boost and put a part from a carb into the intake where the pipe from the solenoid goes. brought my boost down to 0.8 is here's a few pics
IMG_04501.jpg

IMG_04481.jpg

Gryzor

Admin
a couple of pictures of the actuator and wastegate would help.
which version of ebc do you have ?

Thats gud idea blocking that off ill try that later, I have a greddy profec spec b but I havent filled it yet I need some tubing a t piece and one those lil fiters

akyakapotter

Member +
its not blocked its just made smaller so not so much air will go through so it cant boost if there's not the air there for it if you get what i mean its a temp fix to save your engine :-D

Ya I get ya a restriction in the line so it wont put as much pressire on the actuator thanks man a temp fix will do da job til I get my external wastegate :)